Can "Freedom" class ships fit into Port Liberty?

I hope they move a Freedom class ship, or even another Voyager class ship in. We loved the Explorer, but since we don't fly, we're limited to the options out of NY (except for Oasis, but we're driving to FL). It would be nice to get onto a Freedom class ship.

The Silhouette will be 110 feet longer then the first three Solstice class ships.

We were on the Solstice last month and it never seemed overcrowded even though it was close to full capacity.

The Silhouette is priced very high. The 12 night holiday cruise out of Bayonne is $ 2,200 pp inside, almost $200 a day pp.

Yeah its not just a little more expensive,its WAY more expensive. I mean 2 grand for an inside cabin is just nuts. I'd like to try the Silhouette but need a 9 or 10 day cruise at a more reasonable price. I am not paying 2 grand for an inside cabin. JC

• 4 weeks later...
Sadly I was on Explorer 7/22 and the captain said rccl has no plans for ANY ship for Cape Liberty. He said it would be Celebrity and a new ship for Boston.

Sigh but who knows

Are you saying RCCL is abandoning NJ? or just no new ship in Cape Liberty? What are we saying cause I'm gonna freak if RCCL is leaving NJ altogether? JC

Yes but they didn't support the ship from what I understand. I believe "Explorer" is sold out most of the year here. We better not lose it because I will jump to Princess for cruising. Stupid idea if they pull out of NJ. JC

Archived