Elation-Whoa the motion of the ocean

dexter2202

My husband and I just set foot on land yesterday after our 7 day cruise on the elation out of Galveston Texas to the Western Caribbean. The cruise itself was nice, the ship was very well maintained, the staff was great, the food was great, my only complaint is either the stabilizers weren't working or they weren't engaged. I have been on two other cruises and have never experienced anything like this. I didn't make it to dinner the first night and was drugged up on motion pills the rest of the trip. I'm still feeling like I'm still on the ship. I guess I've learned my lesson. I need to be on a ship with a stability rating of "excellent" as opposed to just "good". I felt it most in our cabin which was in the forward part of the ship but even up on deck and in the main atrium lobby I was staggering around like a drunkard, even when I wasn't. Ha Ha. Next time it is a HUGE ship with excellent stability ratings, a mid-ship cabin with an outside view and a balcony. :eek:

The last few cruises I have been on, I have bought off of www.cruiselocators.com and when you find a ship you like and you click on it, it will give all the pertinent information like the weight, length, crew, number of passengers and a bunch of other information, but most importantly, most of them have a stability rating that goes from fair to excellent. Elation got a good rating, I question that. Most of the newer larger ships get an excellent rating in the stability department.

Thanks. I see the Imagination also has a"Good" rating,but have heard otherwise.Could this be a Carnival problem??? I was on Enchantment of the Seas from Jan.27- Jan31 (key west & cozumel) and it was smooth sailing the whole time.

When I was in the USNavy the ships I was on were not known for their stability but the roling and pitching were not dampted and were natural. put one to sleep like a kiddie swing.

I feel the stablizers on modern cruise ships create a more of a herky jerky motion not natural at all

We just got off the Elation yesterday as well--- what a great time we all had! The motion bothered us some- felt a little sick one night. Friday wasn't too bad except for trying to walk in high heels!! I'm sure I looked tipsy going to dinner. My DH is the one who usually gets the motion sickness and he came straight home and started looking for another cruise. Since the cruise was my idea and he was iffy about it, I am so glad he enjoyed it. Of course we all caught colds and feel lousy today.

I have never had problems with motion before on the whole trip like I just did on cruise out of Mobile on the Holiday. I didn't get sick but we definitely were staggering. We had a lot of noise in our cabins (creaks, groans, rattles ,etc) that I wonder how much of it was due to the constant movement.

Also, we don't know if it usual or unusual. I think I will post a question for Cotton who is an expert on the Holiday.

I guess I had better start checking stability ratings also. thanks for the website.

Patsy

Archived