Scuba in Barbados, Grenada, Aruba

debsea

I will be cruising on the Celebrity Millenium in December. I'm researching which ports offer the best diving. I plan to dive in Tortola on the wreck of the Rhone. Ports still under investigation are Barbados, Grenada, and Aruba. Any recommendations of local dive shops? Should I take the ship's excursions? Is there an active dive crowd on Celebrity? When we dove HAL, we were the only divers onboard. Any one island you would recommend over the other? My husband and I have done most of our recent diving off the wall in Turks and Caicos with an excellent dive operator, so I'm looking for dive operators who don't rush you out of the water. I breathe very lightly and enjoy a bottom time of about an hour per dive.

The diving at Barbados and Grenada is mediocre at best when compared to Aruba. Aruba is one of THE best dive locations in the Caribbean.

I would recommend JADS in Aruba. They are very professional and we'll be diving with them again in December. As far as bottom time goes that will vary according to which dive site they go to on a given day and the depth profile of the dives.

On our last dives with them one site offered the opportunity to get to 120' depth. At that depth your bottom time will be quite limited. We stayed at 80'-90' max depth while at that site. They do not offer NITROX so all dive times stay within the limits of compressed air.

JADS does an exceptionally good job of tailoring the dive experience to you or your group if you give them advance notice.

Enjoy that next dive trip wherever it may be.:)

Archived