Oasis Inaugural Cruise - Did RCL do anything special?

I was just wondering for those who completed the inaugural cruise on the Oasis: Did RCL did anything "special" for those cruisers?

Also if you had to do it again would you have done the inaugural or waited a few weeks/months before doing your cruise?

I was there and is was fantastic! We received gifts EVERY night. Even a bottle of Oasis Champagne. Each gift had the Oasis Inaugural information on it, so as not making the gifts seem generic. The Oasis is something special and it was just such a great feeling to be on it. When arriving in all three ports, there were helicopters from the local news stations flying around the ship. Pretty amazing. For those that have sailed NCL Epic, try the Oasis, or any Freedom Class Ship, and you'll be blown away!

Yes, I would sail on an inaugural again, on RCL. The ship was completely ready and in working order. I think RCL used the time on the TA (that was NOT for paying passengers) for finishing touches. Just a great experience.

I was there and is was fantastic! We received gifts EVERY night. Even a bottle of Oasis Champagne. Each gift had the Oasis Inaugural information on it, so as not making the gifts seem generic. The Oasis is something special and it was just such a great feeling to be on it. When arriving in all three ports, there were helicopters from the local news stations flying around the ship. Pretty amazing. For those that have sailed NCL Epic, try the Oasis, or any Freedom Class Ship, and you'll be blown away!

Yes, I would sail on an inaugural again, on RCL. The ship was completely ready and in working order. I think RCL used the time on the TA (that was NOT for paying passengers) for finishing touches. Just a great experience.

Thanks for the information. :)

We on the Epic TA got free bar drinks "beer and wine" from 5pm to 6pm on the last night of the cruise!!!! Woo Hoo :rolleyes:

Of course I found out that when NCL got their ship they had it christened and renamed from GPIC (Guinea Pig Inaugural Cruise) to Epic

My favorite ship is the X Solstice Class and the RCI Voyager Class. Is there much of a difference between the Voyager and Freedom Class?

Oasis - we may do but I'm just leery of THAT many passengers.

I was just wondering for those who completed the inaugural cruise on the Oasis: Did RCL did anything "special" for those cruisers?

Also if you had to do it again would you have done the inaugural or waited a few weeks/months before doing your cruise?

I too was on the pre-inaugural & inaugural and had a GREAT time (w/the exception my best friend became ill & couldnt make the sailing:()!

There were some minor hiccpus (i.e., some AC's didn't work, etc.) but nothing compared to the fiasco some experienced on the Epic.

Embarkation was a BREEZE! We waited for the ship to be cleared by customs but nothing major and were onboard by 11:45 or so.

As RCCL Adict stated during the 7 night inaugural sailing, we received gifts throughout the week as well as very nice welcomes by the locals @ each port of call.

I am glad I did the Oasis inaugural and would definitely do it again. Hopefully, me and a few of my buddies will be onboard the Allure's inaugural in December:D

Thanks for the info...but I am sooooo jealous.

I expected the same on the Epic and for the most part the cruise was a delivery cruise - nothing more.

The Mrs. and I have sworn to never do another inaugural cruise after our Epic Disappointment.

Thanks for the info...but I am sooooo jealous.

I expected the same on the Epic and for the most part the cruise was a delivery cruise - nothing more.

The Mrs. and I have sworn to never do another inaugural cruise after our Epic Disappointment.

I'm glad RCI typically wont do a passenger TA crossing for their newbuilds. They take that time to continue preparing the ship and it's crew for the debut once they cross the pond.

It's not that Oasis didnt have any issues but nothing major compared to most inaugural sailings on smaller ships. With a ship the size of the Oasis, the staff & crew did a remarkable job!

The neighborhood concept works very well in keeping crowds to a minimal. The crowds you experience are the same you'd experience on any size ship (i.e., before & after shows, muster drill, PEAK times for breakfast, lunch, etc.) Other than that there were times when it seemed as if the ship was empty.

Lucky...there is not much difference between Voyager and Freedom class besides the size and the Flowrider on Freedom. Every RCL cruise I've been on has been great.

Sorry to hear about the TA on Epic. You'll have a wonderful time if you can book the Allure inaugural!

I am glad I did the Oasis inaugural and would definitely do it again. Hopefully, me and a few of my buddies will be onboard the Allure's inaugural in December:D

It's good to hear that you would do it again.

Just curious, since the Allure is a sister ship to the Oasis why do another inaugural?

Did RCL do that good a job of making it that special?

For me, it's just cool to get the little gifts that say Inaugural Sailing. The Oasis aluminum Coke bottles were very cool. I was on the Liberty inaugural and it was the same deal, even though it was the second ship in the Freedom class....gifts every night.

There were some minor hiccpus (i.e., some AC's didn't work, etc.) but nothing compared to the fiasco some experienced on the Epic.

What's a pre-inaugural? Is that a sailing, BEFORE the inaugural? Are you listening Mr.Luckytoo? Also Mr. Lucky...why not caveat your NCL board posts with the fact that you're a cheerleader for two competing brands?

Tyron, what fiasco? There were some minor irritants on EPIC, but no fiascos... a fiasco would have been if they cancelled the cruise and decided to sail empty across the Atlantic.

What's a pre-inaugural? Is that a sailing, BEFORE the inaugural? Are you listening Mr.Luckytoo? Also Mr. Lucky...why not caveat your NCL board posts with the fact that you're a cheerleader for two competing brands?

Tyron, what fiasco? There were some minor irritants on EPIC, but no fiascos... a fiasco would have been if they cancelled the cruise and decided to sail empty across the Atlantic.

Oh go back to the NCL board and leave this guy alone. You have dogged him all over the NCL board for his comments on the Epic transatlantic. There were things that he did not like and he stated that in his review. He was not the only one that had negative things to say. He came here and asked a question. He has that right. And don't call anyone a cheerleader without first looking in the mirror.:rolleyes:

For me, it's just cool to get the little gifts that say Inaugural Sailing. The Oasis aluminum Coke bottles were very cool. I was on the Liberty inaugural and it was the same deal, even though it was the second ship in the Freedom class....gifts every night.

Yeah, we got the coke bottles on the pre inaugural as well, thought they were cool, until we saw them for sale on the Freedom in March. Seems they ordered too many and were selling them off

While I very much enjoyed the inaugural Oasis sailing and would do one again.....I would never spend the money to do it in one of their major suites again. The excitement of the sailing was just incredible....however there is no doubt that the staff was still adjusting to the new ship.... restaurants were running slow and shows were having hip-cups and the aqua theater show was having major issues and often cancelled. Getting back to the suite thing....the ship was so filled with D+ members that the concierges were just overwhelmed and suite guests received no special perks because of such.....even the 2 concierges in the CL admitted and apologized to us at the end of the sailing.....and most of the D+ swamping them and the CL were staying in interior cabins:rolleyes:

Oh go back to the NCL board and leave this guy alone. You have dogged him all over the NCL board for his comments on the Epic transatlantic. There were things that he did not like and he stated that in his review. He was not the only one that had negative things to say. He came here and asked a question. He has that right. And don't call anyone a cheerleader without first looking in the mirror.:rolleyes:

I've also posted negative things. The only thing I'm pursuing him about is his fixation on this being an inaugural, when it was a pre-inaugural. That's the whole reason this thread exists....he came over to find someone to backup his expectation that an inaugural includes a bottle of champagne. :rolleyes:

Yeah, we got the coke bottles on the pre inaugural as well, thought they were cool, until we saw them for sale on the Freedom in March. Seems they ordered too many and were selling them off

Ehh? They were selling the Oasis Coke bottles on the Freedom?! Now that's hilarious!

I was on the Oasis Dec 1st Labadee Extravaganza & Dec 5th Inaugural and loved it so much I booked the Allure Inaugural & then the Dec 1st Labadee sailing when that was added on.

We were given lots of lovely gifts on both sailings of Oasis...and yes even a bottle of Oasis Champagne :D

Those gifts are not the only things that made the sailings special....its the excitement of seeing a new ship in real life...its the buzz as folks go from place to place ..click clicking trying to take pics of everything.

Its the Wow..look at that...hey wow lets try this...its the wow oh my gawd is that for real. Its the sitting with 'new friends' at lunch/dinner...talking about all the things the ship has to offer...if things work or not etc.

Of course there were glitches...but nothing big or bad enough to stop me from booking Allure Inaugural.:D

Some of the crew onboard may be still learning how to handle/work life onboard a new ship but with RCCL they have a special Start Up Crew who know what they are doing...and with them having been on Oasis for her first few sailings they will know what works and what doesn't on Allure Inaugural.

RCCL will also have learnt a lot from Oasis Inaugural...the ship wasnt really ready for her Inaugural..even RCCL admitted that recently so this should help make the Allure Inaugural even better...heck if that is possible...fantastic experience..ok high price but oh boy it was worth it.:D

I was on the Oasis Dec 1st Labadee Extravaganza & Dec 5th Inaugural and loved it so much I booked the Allure Inaugural & then the Dec 1st Labadee sailing when that was added on.

We were given lots of lovely gifts on both sailings of Oasis...and yes even a bottle of Oasis Champagne :D

Those gifts are not the only things that made the sailings special....its the excitement of seeing a new ship in real life...its the buzz as folks go from place to place ..click clicking trying to take pics of everything.

Its the Wow..look at that...hey wow lets try this...its the wow oh my gawd is that for real. Its the sitting with 'new friends' at lunch/dinner...talking about all the things the ship has to offer...if things work or not etc.

Of course there were glitches...but nothing big or bad enough to stop me from booking Allure Inaugural.:D

Some of the crew onboard may be still learning how to handle/work life onboard a new ship but with RCCL they have a special Start Up Crew who know what they are doing...and with them having been on Oasis for her first few sailings they will know what works and what doesn't on Allure Inaugural.

RCCL will also have learnt a lot from Oasis Inaugural...the ship wasnt really ready for her Inaugural..even RCCL admitted that recently so this should help make the Allure Inaugural even better...heck if that is possible...fantastic experience..ok high price but oh boy it was worth it.:D

Very well put, every word.

I totally agree with all of the above - it was an amazing cruise... the sheer vibe in the air alone was worth the price of the ticket! That being said, it was also my own personal inaugural cruise... might have contributed a bit to my excitement! On the Grandeur cruise I took in April the crew was in awe that I had been on the Oasis (wore my freebie Oasis Inaugural lanyard) since many of them hadn't even laid eyes on her until we docked in FLL on the way back that Saturday morning - I think there were more crew than passengers on the deck that morning oooh'ing and awwww'ing :D One guy in a captain type outfit even asked me what I was doing on a little thing like the Grandeur lol

Again, no it was not!! The NCL marketing material said that it was Epic's Inaugural Maiden Transatlantic Crossing. It was indeed the ship first official sailing. You can continue with all the "pre-inaugural" propaganda you want; however the NCL marketing does not back you up, sorry!!

I've also posted negative things. The only thing I'm pursuing him about is his fixation on this being an inaugural, when it was a pre-inaugural. That's the whole reason this thread exists....he came over to find someone to backup his expectation that an inaugural includes a bottle of champagne. :rolleyes:

I was the one who outed you about your comments about RCCL being "Homophobic" and an anti-gay cruise line, remember? I did state that RCCL had many gay activities with different gay groups with all my RCCL sailings.

Sjbdtz you are in many ways a RCCL basher, and constantly going after both Mr. Lucky and myself; because we did not give the Epic/NCL the raves you expect. Many posters have stated, some even proven you wrong, on the Epic being marketed as the Transatlantic inaugural cruise.

I should say, that I respect RCCL for being a line that respects its guests and does go the extra mile for them (hear that NCL for your first Epic Cruise)! It is often the little things that one remembers and can often lession the big things that cazn go wrong.

I should say, that I respect RCCL for being a line that respects its guests and does go the extra mile for them (hear that NCL for your first Epic Cruise)! It is often the little things that one remembers and can often lession the big things that cazn go wrong.

Hence the reason I have not tried another line. ;)

Archived