Cab Fare to 7 Mile Beach

plank

Taxis from the port are usually passenger vans are rates are for shared ride. The driver will wait until the taxi is full before departing.

The public buses are also generally large passenger vans. The main depot is next to the yellow Waterfront Centre building (where the Dairy Queen is). As you leave your tender pier, turn to your left and walk a short distance. The depot is on the inland side of the road.

Pay the bus driver when you exit the bus. Cash only, CI$ or US$. There are no tokens.

Location of bus depot:

Once you get off the tender and walk out of the tender complex, you will find yourself on a small road which runs along the shoreline. Cross to the far side of the street and turn left. Walk up the street keeping the shoreline to your left for a few minutes and you will come upon a few picnic tables. The bus depot is the parking lot to the right of these benches, beyond a sliding chain link gate which I assume is used to secure the buses (really vans) at night.

A four story blue building is a landmark you can use to guide you: the bus depot is on the same side of the street as the blue building. The building is just slightly further up the street than the bus depot (so if you reach the building you have gone too far and walked past the depot). The Casanova restaurant sign is another landmark you can use. You will see the Casanova restaurant on the side of the street closest to the shoreline and farther up the street than the blue building.

The local buses will honk at people standing on the sidewalk as they pass. If you wave back, they will stop and pick you up. You are looking for vans with a circle on the front reading "WB" for West Bay if you are heading to 7 mile beach. Cost was $2.50 per person each way, cash to driver. They ran very frequently.

It took fifteen minutes from the time I boarded the bus at the depot to the time I was dropped off at my destination (Public Beach / Sea Grape Beach). There was a typical bus stop across the road at the dropoff point for the return trip.

Archived