Fantasy Daysail Review

MichRN

We just returned from our cruise. We booked Fantasy to daysail. I will have to say I was a bit disappointed. We only went to one spot to snorkel. The rafts, floaties ect. were never offered. Food was some sliced apples and blueberry bread upon boarding. Lunch was curried chicken, salad and and bread. Cookies for dessert. First mate Kathy was very nice and personable. Captain Brian seemed a bit cocky. Talked about how he was a spoiled rich kid who basically had fun while he was growing up and now has a real job. I don't know, maybe he just rubbed me the wrong way. He had a photo album of pictures of Bill Clinton and his family. He said that he took them sailing when they were there visiting years ago when he was president. He was working for the Ritz Carleton at the time and used the Ritz Carleton catamaran to take him around, not the Fantasy. I really did not care about looking at pictures of Bill and Hillary Clinton. I was there to enjoy myself. I would have to say that it was just o.k. The last time I was in St. Thomas, I booked the ships excursion to Trunk Bay. I would have to say that this was about equal to that and more expensive. I guess that I am the most disappointed in the snorkeling. I thought that they would take us to at least two different spots to snorkel, not just one. I really can't speak, of course, on how it goes when Pam is doing the sailing. I corresponded back and forth with Pam and I thought that she would be captain the day we sailed but she had to have some minor surgery and I guess, she and Brian are alternating days that they sail.

This very similar to our story in July, 2002. We also had someone else, not Pam and Bryan was very crabby the entire day. He would bark orders at her and us. There were 4 of us and another couple. We were never offered floaties, and he seemed put out at any requests. We had no rum punch, I brought my own wine so it wasn't like they put out money for our drinks at all.

I was very disappointed for the price and will not sail with them again. I'm glad others have had positive experiences, but ours was not at all!!

Archived