docking schedules

vharbaugh

We are traveling to Alaska for 2 weeks and May and wanted to know if there was a site we could go to find out where we will be docking and where we will be tendering. We will be on a back to back trip on the Rynday from May 15 until May 29th.

Thanks- Vickie

From what I've read on this board so far, delays at docking/tendering depend on the number of ships at port. I did read in several places that cruise line excursions usually have priority in tendering before those on independent excursions so that might make a difference in how many excurions you can do.

There is a website that has all the Alaska Port schedules, but I don't have it right here. Someone will know it and post. Probably BQ. Normally, Sitka, ISP are tender ports. Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway have docks, but if the docks fill up and there are more ships, they have to tender. Some times, I think some of the earlier ships dock and then go out in bay when their sister ship comes in later. In Juneau, I think we had 5 or 6 ships there at one time. Thats why some of the Captains like to get in early if they can.

Archived