QM2 April 2nd

Dajlan2

Count us in too provided there are no flight delays - perhaps arrange something for the Sunday as well as it would be a shame to miss out?

Anybody betting on the number of formal:informal:casual evenings?

Also, how far into the cruise will it be warm enough to sunbathe on deck?

Andrea & Barbara

Well we are into the final countdown. Eileen and I and our
friend John are ready to leave today. Its cold and there is
still snow on the ground. Warm caribbean days sound wonderful.
Really excited about seeing this great ship at long last. My hobby is
studying ocean liners and cruise ships so I have watched the Mary
grow from blue prints to complition. I have two coffee table books
detailing her construction and first voyages. Did you know there is
a "Queen Mary 2" rose that Cunard had grown in her honor?
Agent called our tickets arrived and are being forwarded to us.
Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 2nd.
Bill and Eileen

Yes, thanks. Still here, and looking forward to April 2nd, like everyone else. We got our tickets the other day and are glad that we are at least docking in one port (even though our booklet also says 'A' next to each port). We will try to stop by the Commodore Club that first day.

I've just been looking at the cruisecal.com website to see which other ships we'll see. Currently 7 other ships at St Thomas, on our own in St Kitts and 2 others in St Maarten.

4 weeks today, can't wait!

Give them a call Moose. You booked direct with them so you're entitled to inquire direct. I've heard that if air is involved, tickets may not come until 2-3 weeks before sailing. I think they would have called you by now if they wanted to offer a bump. Maybe they're holding off to see if they sell that Duplex they will have to give you.:p Party at your suite, right?:D

RIGHT!!!!!!!!IF WE GET THE DUPLEX . WE WILL GIVE THE PARTY AND YOU ARE INVITED.We thought we would wait 1 more week before calling, thanx for ALL the good advise you have given us to date.You seem very informed about such things are you folks travel agents or just experienced travelers. looking forward to meeting you if they allow us on board.best regards 2moose

Dabbled in the business 10 years ago after 1st retirement but went out for another real job. Been on about 30 cruises. Make a hobby out of studying the hell out of prices, procedures, and cruise lines. Will someday work full time for the agency I deal with. When I retire for the second time.:D

Wow!! 30 Cruises?? . You Are The Experts!!. You Will Have To Tell Me About Your T/a. The Travel Agents We Have Worked With Leave Alot To Be Desired And Booking Direct Doesnt Seem Much Better As I Am Finding Out. You Could Have Bought The Boat..(only Kidding)best Regards 2moose

Thanks for mentioning Cruisecal.com Dajlan2. I was not aware of it. I just did some quick adding up of the normal passenger capacity of the 8 ships tha will be in St Thomas on April 5th, and I get just under 19,000. Oy. I may not even try going ashore that day. I wonder how far out we'll have to anchor with 7 other ships in port with us. That might be some long tender ride...

Archived