Smoking onboard Equinox

CRYSSYMPH

There is only one indoor area - a section of the bar near the top deck, forward.

There are a few outdoor areas; port side on the promenade deck and outdoor pool. An area of the deck above the pool and an area of the Lawn Club.

And that's one reason I love to cruise with Celebrity. After having a few cruises nearly ruined by smokers, I have pretty much decided to book exclusively with Celebrity. I wish RCCL would follow them.

And that's one reason I love to cruise with Celebrity. After having a few cruises nearly ruined by smokers, I have pretty much decided to book exclusively with Celebrity. I wish RCCL would follow them.

So do I! Our next cruise is with RCCL in November and if we have chain smoking balcony smokers next to us again, it will be our last with RCCL until they get caught up with the 21st Century.

We have booked a cruise with Celebrity's Equinox later in the winter because of Celebrity's smoking (or really limited smoking) policy!

We were on the Equinox last month and just loved their smoking policy. I'm really going to miss it on our next cruise on the Allure. I hope that RCCL would follow Celebrity too. Our Oasis cruise was almost ruined with all the smoke; smoking is allowed in too many places on RCCL especially indoors.

I have to ditto that. We had a TA with Princess ruined by chain smokers on the balcony next to us last fall. We came home, cancelled our next booking, a San Fran to Sydney Princess cruise , & booked our next 3 (so far) cruises on Celebrity. If we want a specific itinerary, & it is on another liberal smoking cruise line, we will only purchase an inside cabin. No use spending the $ on a balcony.

What would do you do if your balcony neighbors smoked?

I personally would first inform them of the policy and request that they refrain. If they were rude or continued to smoke, I would call guest relations. Of course, anybody not comfortable confronting the smokers can certainly just call guest relations straight away. It is important that people speak up when somebody does break the rules so that the behavior is not tolerated.

Archived