baby is too young for CC, but..

DALSAL

My granddaughter will be almost 11 months old when we cruise this September. We hope to take advantage of her going to CC during the time frame she is allowed. I know they have welcome aboard parties for the older ones, and they probably (?) go early to register. My question is, will there be a time we would/should go to any get togethers since we plan to take her for play time? Thanks in advance. Dot

My granddaughter will be almost 11 months old when we cruise this September. We hope to take advantage of her going to CC during the time frame she is allowed. I know they have welcome aboard parties for the older ones, and they probably (?) go early to register. My question is, will there be a time we would/should go to any get togethers since we plan to take her for play time? Thanks in advance. Dot

Play time is usually during lunch hours, 12-2, when camp is closed. Parents must stay, so I am not even sure they require registration. We have never used it.

we brought our 18 month old on our last cruise and we needed to register her . you may go 12-2 parents must stay . port days you may drop your child off but have to be back on the boat by 12 . you may also drop your child off at 10 pm for babysitting for a fee i believe it was 6 dollars an hr

we brought our 18 month old on our last cruise and we needed to register her . you may go 12-2 parents must stay . port days you may drop your child off but have to be back on the boat by 12 . you may also drop your child off at 10 pm for babysitting for a fee i believe it was 6 dollars an hr

The OP's child is not going to be the required 12 months of age for the babysitting, so that option is out unless she's on Disney or Cunard.

actually, we were on Carnival in January with our then 11 month-old and during the playtime for babies, we had the option of either staying there with her, or dropping her off for $6/hour. It was from noon til 2 p.m. on sea days (the first day we went with her, and the second day we dropped her off for a bit - she was the only kid there!). On port days, I think it might have been from 9 to 11 a.m. but not sure, as we didn't go during that time. Also, she could have used the babysitting service after 10:00 p.m. but we never used it - too late for Mom, Dad & big sister, let alone baby! We went to the orientation on the first day to fill out the forms, etc. for our 5 year old, and you might find it helpful to at least go and take a look around and pick up the schedule...

The OP's child is not going to be the required 12 months of age for the babysitting, so that option is out unless she's on Disney or Cunard.

From 10pm-3am we offer a babysitting service for children aged 0-11 years. It costs $6 per hour for the first child and $4 per hour for each additional sibling.

Children 6 months (minimum sailing age) to 12 months can also be babysat.

OP,

You can register your child at any point. I personally found the "information" session to be fairly useless because all the information they gave was in the packet they gave us when we stopped by Camp Carnival earlier and picked up the paperwork.

I believe that Kitty was referring to in cabin baby sitting, which is NOT provided on Carnival. If your infant/toddler is the minimum age to cruise, you can use the Camp Carnival baby sitting during port days and after 10:00pm in the evenings.

Archived