Freeport resorts

RuthieandTony

We did the Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach Resort Day Pass through Carnival while in Freeport and I did not feel it was worth the money at all. While it was not too long of a bus ride, and pretty scenic, the resort was not all that. When we got there, we were given towels and shown where everything was. We decided to have the breakfast buffet which was cold and not great. The resort and beach were very pretty, but we went in early Feb. so it was not as warm as we had hoped and VERY windy. The vendors are ridiculous about bothering you, but that is to be expected. Now, they do have all inclusive drinks. They make a Bahama Mama that is really good, but BEWARE! They put so much alcohol in them it is scary. My husband felt very weird and got very intoxicated quickly. We didn't use the little dixie cups they give you, we brought our own. Now, for lunch, they have a snack bar area on the beach that sells burgers and fries and chicken strips, but it takes FOREVER to get it as they just had one girl working back there. I saw several people waiting for their food and their hamburger buns that you have to prepare yourself while waiting would blow away, or the seagulls would come eat your food if you turned for a second. lol

It is very pretty, but I did not think it was worth $91 a person at all. I expected better food, nicer people, and more to do. They do offer trapeze and they have areas to get snorkel equip if you want, I was just not really impressed.

We did the Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach Resort Day Pass through Carnival while in Freeport and I did not feel it was worth the money at all. While it was not too long of a bus ride, and pretty scenic, the resort was not all that. When we got there, we were given towels and shown where everything was. We decided to have the breakfast buffet which was cold and not great. The resort and beach were very pretty, but we went in early Feb. so it was not as warm as we had hoped and VERY windy. The vendors are ridiculous about bothering you, but that is to be expected. Now, they do have all inclusive drinks. They make a Bahama Mama that is really good, but BEWARE! They put so much alcohol in them it is scary. My husband felt very weird and got very intoxicated quickly. We didn't use the little dixie cups they give you, we brought our own. Now, for lunch, they have a snack bar area on the beach that sells burgers and fries and chicken strips, but it takes FOREVER to get it as they just had one girl working back there. I saw several people waiting for their food and their hamburger buns that you have to prepare yourself while waiting would blow away, or the seagulls would come eat your food if you turned for a second. lol

It is very pretty, but I did not think it was worth $91 a person at all. I expected better food, nicer people, and more to do. They do offer trapeze and they have areas to get snorkel equip if you want, I was just not really impressed.

I have also done this excursion through Carnival and agree that it was not worth it.

• 1 month later...

I have always been the type to do excursions on my own, not through the cruise ship so I have more freedom. I have been in touch with a manager at the Wyndham several times to get information. If you go to the resort on your own, an adult daypass is only $60 and a child pass is $30. I understand there are 3 different restauarants you can eat at, so I'm curious from those of you that have been there recently.....are there actually 3?

I think you'll find alot more information if you go to their website directly, the resort does appear to have quite alot to offer so we are still considering it.

http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/FPOVF/main.wnt?cha=

Would still love to hear actual accounts from more who have visited this resort!

Archived