Steakhouse reservations

bellatsava

When you make reservations for the steakhouse, do you get an email confirmation? I have made the same reservation at least twice and I have never gotten emailed confirmation. I want to make sure that we are able to have dinner there. Any suggestions?? Or am I doing something wrong?

We would like to eat at the steakhouse at least once and maybe twice if we really enjoy it. How do you know which date to book the dinner at the steakhouse? We've never been on a cruise so how do you choose which night? I don't want to choose the steakhouse and find out I'm missing a great lobster dinner special in the MDR. Thanks.

Per Carnivals FAQ they dont email confirmation (even though some ships do)

From the FAQ.

At this time, we do not send out confirmations prior to the cruise indicating that the dinner reservation has been confirmed. The guest will be notified once on board.

From the FAQ.

From the FAQ.

At this time, we do not send out confirmations prior to the cruise indicating that the dinner reservation has been confirmed. The guest will be notified once on board.

From the FAQ.

Well, that's just typical. I received an e-mail confirming my reservation date and time. :rolleyes:

This is what I got by email as confirmation:

Dear Robert *******,

Thank you for choosing David's Steakhouse for your dining.

Your reservation request for 4 Guests at 7:00pm on September 17th, 2010 is confirmed.

Once aboard re-confirm your reservation with David’s Steakhouse.

We are located on deck 10 mid ship or you may call us at extension # 0770 .

Should your plans change, please keep us advised at prsteakhouse@carnival.com

We look forward to serving you!

Your Steakhouse Hostess,

Anna Jurcovicova

Carnival Pride

We would like to eat at the steakhouse at least once and maybe twice if we really enjoy it. How do you know which date to book the dinner at the steakhouse? We've never been on a cruise so how do you choose which night? I don't want to choose the steakhouse and find out I'm missing a great lobster dinner special in the MDR. Thanks.

We don't want to miss "elegant" night, so we try to reserve in between these. On 7 day cruises, elegant nights are "usually" during the sea days. Cruises shorter than 7 day, I do not know about that.

Made a reservation last year on the Spirit after we boarded with no problem, they were not busy on the night we attended.

From the FAQ.

From the FAQ.

I tried making a reservation twice (Dream), never received an email, so now I feel better. I will check once on board then cancel one of them since I think they are for different times on the same night. :o

This is what I received not even 1/2 day after I asked :)

Dear Kelly Lore,

Thank you for choosing Nouveau Steakhouse for your dining.

Your reservation request for 4 Guests at 5.00 PM on September 6th, 2010 is confirmed.

Should your plans change, please keep us advised at spsteakhouse@carnival.com

We look forward to serving you!

Your Steakhouse Hostess,

Dora Kovacs

Carnival Spirit

I got an email confirmation within 48 hours of reserving online AND when I changed the reservation to another evening I got another confirmation email!

As for which night - this is the way I figure it - you only have 3 nights to pick from (if you don't want to miss elegant nights on a 7 day). First and last nights generally out (first night - well that's obvious, last night - want to say goodbye to tablemates and wait staff!). Then there are the 2 elegant nights (don't want to miss the MDR those evenings) - this equals 4 of the 7 nights - so now you have 3 left. You can 'research' the menus (but sometimes they do switch them around so watch out) - and pick the one you like 'least'. http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalDream/TA/Menus/MDR/mdr_7day.htm#Day1

Another strategy is port vs sea day.....if you are at a port coming back late you may not be in the mood to get all 'dolled' up and go out for dinner - also may depend on how active your excursions are (tired?). I would pick a day at sea if possible and/or a port day when you are back on the ship early to late afternoon! Hope this helps! :D:D (and of course once onboard you can always make changes as required! - I had to change the time as the evening I chose they hadthe 'late seating' dinner show before dinner so had to move the reservation back a bit - so I guess even checking the Capers might be helpful?)

I've made a reservation for the Dream previously and never got a reply. Others on the same cruise did get an email. Typical Carnival:rolleyes: They did have my initial email request, so all was good.

I made another reservation for a large group about a week ago, and haven't heard back. I wonder if it's a "Dream" thing.

We wait until we are on the ship and than decide. Never a problem making reservations while on the ship.

We do the same make the reservations while on the ship. The last 3 times we made them the same day we wanted to go there. It has never been completely full. But that may not be the same for all sailings. On the Conquest twice and just off the Spirit it was easy to get in. Just lets us have more flexability doing it that way.

Archived