Freeport

br76jook

I am looking at booking a snorkeling trip through Sand Dollar. My ship docks in Freeport at 12:00 and the trip leaves at 1:00. Will I have a hard time making it or is that plenty of time?

Could be tight. The ship docks at 12, but you won't be able to walk the ship right at 12. Likely more like 1230 or so. Does the Sand Dollar trip offer you transportation from the port? I would contact them and find out how long it takes to get from the port to the actual location.

Email SandDollar about your concerns. The trip from the cruise port is about 15 minutes or so...just make sure you one of the first off the ship. Go through the little market, and you will see plenty of taxis and vans to take you to Port Lucaya. You will love Capt. Tony and Sand Dollar. My sister and I did it last year, and Capt. Tony was there as soon as we got off the ship and walked us to a taxi van. I'm crusing with my kids in 21 days (Yay!) and have booked with Sand Dollar again. Good luck and I hope they can accomodate your ship's schedule!

I am looking at booking a snorkeling trip through Sand Dollar. My ship docks in Freeport at 12:00 and the trip leaves at 1:00. Will I have a hard time making it or is that plenty of time?

We had something similar. An 8AM arrival, and a 9AM tour with Tony. The boat docked on time, but it was awhile before we were cleared to leave. Everyone was taking their sweet time getting off the ship, so we couldn't wait for a shared van. We payed full fare for a cab ride over (about 45 bucks if I recall.) The weather was raining on and off. No Tony, no sign explaining the excursion was canceled, no msg..........

Oh well.

I just got off the NCL Sky and in Freeport I snorkeled. I went to Paradise Cove Beach Resort at Deadmans Reef, Freeport. This is a place that I found here on cruise critic and through internet reviews. I was very nervous to make reservations but the reviews put me at ease. This was such a Fantastic experience I wanted to let others know about it.

It cost 35.00 a person and this included snorkel equipment and transportation to and from the pier.

If you e-mail them they get back to you right away. They are professional and have great customer service.

The Website is http://www.deadmansreef.com/

We were picked up at 9:30 in the pier in front of the paradise Cove sign. I went with my husband and at the pier there was a group of 10 others going. Everyone in the group had e-mailed the company ahead of time. You do not have to pay until you get to the beach. They took credit card. We snorkeled and saw LOTS of fish. They had options to Kyak too. The beach was beautiful and the snorkeling was safe. They had someone watching for safety. They had a covered area to get out of the sun and you could rent an umbrella for $3.00. The beach does not get deep for some distance because of the coral reef. There are lots of places to explore without the water going over your head, or you can explore beyond the coral reefs in the deep water. The one thing great about this place was it was not a tourist trap. You could buy a a buger for 3.50 and a soda for 1.25. At the Atlantis is was 4.00 for the same can of soda. This is a quiet resort where tourist really do not know about. It is a place to go and get away from it all. They family run business shuttles people from hotels and cruise ships. The return shuttle drops you off to the pier at 2:30 or 4:00. I think they had a 12:30 too. When I go back to Freeport I wont hesitate to go back again.

Archived