A sailin' soon

Asailinsoon

OK, I a see I have already made several mistakes on my first cruise and have not left yet. Me and two lady friends (all married) are leaving next week on Celebration. First cruise for all of us and we are celebrating my birthday (a milestone BIG 50). We are flying n the night before since we are all flying in from all over (NY, MI, TX) Purchased transportation from cruise line (mistake?) Staying at the Hilton where they said cruise line will pick us up. Cruise line says we have to go back to the airport, be there by 10:30am. They say it is better to check in early and be first on the boat. Avoid the crush. Good idea? Also I read that they let some single men over 50 cruise free so that there are extra men to dance with. True? Will we be dancing by ourselves? We are not looking for shipboard romances but would like to have fun. Also, as for taking liquor aboard, a friend said her bag was tagged and she had to show them what she had in it. When they x-ray, do they ck if bottles don't look like wine? Was thinking of taking pre-mixed margaritas. Any advice welcomed! (True that they have topless area? ;) )

Welcome and Happy Birthday!

Let's see...you'll be at the Hilton and have to go to the airport for a shuttle? Sounds odd and too much of a hassle to me. If the Hilton is close to Jaxport, why not just hop in a taxi and forget about the shuttle?

Single men over 50 cruise free to be dance partners??? :confused: Never, ever heard of this one! How would that benefit Carnival? Maybe someone else can enlighten both of us, but, I can just see all the Cruise Critic male members over 50 signing up as we speak! :eek:

Go to this link for Carnival's alcohol policy:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liquor_and_Beverage_Consumption_Policy.aspx

Have never been on Celebration, but there is a topless deck (by the funnel) on the Miracle.

Enjoy your cruise...you'll have a ball.

I hope you have a great cruise! As for the dancing partners, I know that either HAL or NCL had a program where they would have dance hosts a few years ago, but don't know if it still exists. I 'm not sure they went free. I think you had to apply, etc. Almost like being an employee.

My Godmother used to talk about going on these cruises and dancing with them, since my godfather preferred to play blackjack!

June

Thanks, June. I had no idea.

I hope you have a great cruise! As for the dancing partners, I know that either HAL or NCL had a program where they would have dance hosts a few years ago, but don't know if it still exists. I 'm not sure they went free. I think you had to apply, etc. Almost like being an employee.

My Godmother used to talk about going on these cruises and dancing with them, since my godfather preferred to play blackjack!

June

OK, take the DVD out of the player and put it back in the case marked "Out to Sea." Repeat after me, slowly, "It's only a movie." :p

In all seriousity, the "dance hosts" are more likely to be seen on the lines that cater to the older clientele, HAL, Cunard, etc, and yes, even on the Norway when the Vlue Lady was still sailing.

Archived