CC vs Veranda on millinneum

Spanky My

new to celebirty.......is it worth the extra bucks to up grade? what are your experiences and preferences? The upgrade is not that much, are the balconies bigger /service much better? Thanks wiley vets for your response...

On M class ships such as the Millie, the CC rooms are larger than the rest of the veranda, ocean view or inside cabins by about 21 square feet. There are naturally exceptions to this blanket statement and a whole list of "special" cabins has been published here on Cruise Critic with the reasons a particular cabin is special. There are also cabins with large, extra large and huge verandas that make them special. All of the C1 cabins fall in the huge veranda class. This is why X has made them a premium priced cabin category. The CC cabins on nine have the dreaded overhang to deal with. When CC first started, I suspect it was done to counter the difficulty X had in booking these cabins by giving them some glamor. The perks of CC have been debated over and over. For a small up-charge, they seem worthwhile but as the cost goes up, the value seems to be less to most of us. The extra cruise credit that you get, however, is worthwhile in speeding toward elite status now that the Captains Club benefits are improving. Five one week cruise in CC and you are elite.

A good alternate cabin choice would be one of the forward most veranda cabins on six (616-630 and 621-6035). These are 2C cabins and all have verandas that are twice the normal size. Depending on the itinerary, my first choice would be a C1 and then a C3 on eight or one of the "sweet 16" on six.

we just returned from the millie - stateroom 9038, concierge class. i think it's tough for others to say whether something is 'worth it' when that answer is really based on personal preference.

stateroom 9028 has a larger balcony, which was lovely. the overhang was a little annoying when trying to take some photos, but i'd book on deck 9 again vs. having a smaller balcony on deck 8, for example.

we love having breakfast on our balcony and the upgraded breakfast room service menu available to concierge class is pretty much worth it in and of itself - in our opinion.

the fresh flowers were nice but not worth the money.

the champagne was a very nice touch and oddly enough stayed carbonated for two days without the top on it! the appetizers were welcome but didn't have enough variety in our opinion to really be 'worth the price.'

if you think the price difference isn't 'that much' i would say go for it and book concierge class.

we were first time celebrity cruisers and really enjoyed our trip and our room!

Archived