Costa Rica Tours - HAL

marnmike

Hi Marnmike. You should check out the Costa Rica board. Many people have down tours with Okey Dokey and have posted comments and recommendations over there.

You can check out my blog entry about the Okey Dokey tour here. http://appytales.blogspot.com/2010/06/port-of-call-puntarenas-costa-rica.html

It all depends on what you're looking for a tour in comparison to the ship sponsored shore excursions. Okey Dokey is in a 14 passenger mini van. The ship's tour will be on a huge bus. Okey Dokey is more personalized and able to make some extra stops, especially if something interesting in spotted at the side of the road so people can get out and take photos. Also less expensive than the ship's excursions. We saved about $50 or $60 each. Check out your roll call too to see what others on your cruise are booking. Have fun. Trip of a lifetime.

Has anyone used the Okey Dokey Tours for Costa Rica? How would these tours compare to the shore excursions - Panama Canal - on HAL - Zuiderdam?

We booked with Eduardo Humphreys(he also has a facebook page with pictures and info..) He was the best! I have 2 small daughters and didn't want to be a burden to a big group. Eduardo set me up with a private tour for just the 4 of us. This was great and I would recommend asking him about it. There was no additional cost and so many benefits. We chose a tour on the Tortugerra canal, then went to a bananna plantation, on to a wonderful fruit stand, then a couple hours at a nice beach. I loved being able to go where I wanted when I wanted, the knowledge of the driver he arranged who was able to be a personal guide through the plantation (we past a huge group from the ship that was fighting for the opportunity to listen to their guide). Great tour, go with confidence the best one I have been on. we went on the Miracle in April 2010... Lucky Tours was great!

• 3 weeks later...

I checked out the tours with HAL and Okey Dokey. There was only a $14 PP savings with Okey Dokey. The tours are exactly the same as the ship. The tour is on a 6x6 truck. I am assuming it is about the same as Okey Dokey. I am considering staying with the ship.

Archived