Enterprise Car Rental & Return @ Miami Port

HarryTravels

We would like to rent from enterprise at Ft. Lauderdate Airport and drop off the next day at the Miami port prior to boarding and on return rent at Miami port and return at Miami port and return to to Ft. lauderdale airport the same day. Can this be done easily?

Second, generally how early can cruisers in B1 cabins board in Miami at the start of a cruise?

There are no car rental agencies at the Port of Miami; you would have to return the car to an office which offers a shuttle service and if not, you'll have to take a cab to the pier. There are many threads on this board about this; you can use the "Search this forum" function on the front page to find those threads.

There may be a "drop off" charge to rent the car in one city and return it to another; info about this can usually be found on the rental websites or by calling the office directly.

Boarding a cruise ship may be done once all the previous passengers have disembarked and the ship has been cleared. Having said that, I don't think you'll find too many people who have boarded before 11 am, with 11:30 being our earliest.

While I cannot speak for Enterprise, I know from experience that you can do this with Alamo. There are no rental counters at the port.

Both times we have cruised, we have rented at 1 airport and returned the car to a different one. (DAB to MIA, MIA to FLL, PBI to MIA and MIA to FLL) Alamo does offer a free shuttle to the port (takes about 15-20 mins) and they will drop you off right in front of the terminal and when you disembark there will be shuttle buses that will take you back to the airport to pick up your rental. I am sure that I saw shuttle buses from other rental companies.

Im guessing that we have been extremely lucky with the shuttle buses as we never waited for a bus and on the last cruise we were the only people on the shuttle going to and from.

Hope this info helps.

Sue

While I cannot speak for Enterprise, I know from experience that you can do this with Alamo. There are no rental counters at the port.

Both times we have cruised, we have rented at 1 airport and returned the car to a different one. (DAB to MIA, MIA to FLL, PBI to MIA and MIA to FLL) Alamo does offer a free shuttle to the port (takes about 15-20 mins) and they will drop you off right in front of the terminal and when you disembark there will be shuttle buses that will take you back to the airport to pick up your rental. I am sure that I saw shuttle buses from other rental companies.

Im guessing that we have been extremely lucky with the shuttle buses as we never waited for a bus and on the last cruise we were the only people on the shuttle going to and from.

Hope this info helps.

Sue

Sue,

Do we need to call and tell the shuttle to pick us up? I called Alamo and they said they did not offer a shuttle to the port of miami.

No, we didnt have to call - when we returned the car, they asked airport or seaport and directed us which shuttle to get on and on the return the shuttle was just coming down the road outside the terminal, we flagged it down and hopped aboard.

Wow, I cant believe that they would stop the shuttle service, that seems like their shooting themselves in the foot with that idea, did you check directly with the MIA location or the 800#? - When I was originally checking into it I was told by the 800# that they dont offer it but when I checked with the MIA location, they confirmed that they did...

I have to apologize - Alamo has discontinued the shuttle service that ran from MIA to the Seaport. :confused::mad: (I guess I'll be searching for a different rental car company for my annual Rolex24/Cruise vacation)

Per the Port of Miami's website it seems as though there is a flat rate for a taxi of $24.00 between the port and MIA.

Also from the their website: Hertz, Thrifty and Dollar are all listed as having shuttle service but I guess it would be best to double check.

Sorry for the bad info...

Sue

I used Enterprise at MIA in July 2008 and dropped off at the Hyatt downtown. We then took at cab to the port. I didn't use the rental on the return so I'm not sure if they rent from the Hyatt location. The cab ride from the Hyatt to port was only $5. My sister works for Enterprise so the discount was worth the $5. I would check with the Hyatt location, if you can rent there I would, since "they pick you up". You would just need to call once in port.

• 5 years later...
We would like to rent from enterprise at Ft. Lauderdate Airport and drop off the next day at the Miami port prior to boarding and on return rent at Miami port and return at Miami port and return to to Ft. lauderdale airport the same day. Can this be done easily?

Second, generally how early can cruisers in B1 cabins board in Miami at the start of a cruise?

We would like to rent from Atlanta Ga and drop off the next day at the Miami Airport prior to boarding the ship. Can this be done easily?

• 1 year later...