Anyone taking Alli? Want to buddy up?

I've begun taking Alli (again)...

I took it 2 1/2 years ago and lost 20 lbs. I looked great for my cruise and felt great. I managed to keep it off for the better part of 2 years. But like many of us weight strugglers, I fell off the wagon recently. In the last 4 months, I've gained it all back, plus an additional 5 lbs.

Its so depressing when you realize how fast it can creep back up on you.

So here I am again. Determined to try again. Alli has really been the only thing that holds me accountable for what I put in my mouth so it works for me so long as I take it.

Once again I've made a promise to stick to this. My motivation?? all the cute clothes in my closet from 2 years ago that don't fit anymore..

I just started taking it and haven't seen any results except more trips to the facilities. My downfall is eating late at night.

Taraparrothead, How long ago did you start taking it? It does take a few days to begin seeing the "TE's" (treatment effects). Its definitely not the type of product where you'll see drastic results in a short period of time if used as directed.

That is what I did wrong last time. Like 3 months before my cruise I decided to lose 20 lbs. I took it for 2 months and and cut my calorie intake to something ridiculous like 900 calories a day. Weight melted off.

Then I stopped using it the last month because I was afraid of residual treatment effect while on vacation. The documents recommend taking it for an average of 6 months.

I'm doing ok so far. No TE's and the scale has only budged a little.. Then again I'm only on day 4.

Hi

The good news: I bought Alli about 4 months ago...

but never started it. It is still in the package... (the bad news)

I just booked a cruise last night... and I REALLY want to lose before I go.(Both good and bad news!) I have SO much stress in my life right now, along with aches and pains. It's so hard. i have never really dieted in my life, but I do go up and down, according to stress. Right now I am the heaviest I've been since the day before I had my 10 lb 14 oz baby! (I realized metabolism slows as you age however.) My doctor says my weight gain (and other problems) are all stress related. He even told me NOT to come back to him with another complaint until I change some things in my life. (thanks, Doc)

Every nite and every morning I think I WILL go exercise, or go to the gym (haven't seen that place in months and months). But then, when the time comes, I have other distractions, have to shuttle the kids somewhere, the phone rings and it's another crisis... or lately... it's TOO BLASTED HOT!

That may sound like my problem is not being able to exercise, but really my problem is food. I love food. Live for food. I make my living with food. So those meal replacements etc, Medifast, Jenny, etc just won't fly with me.

So, here's Alli. You can still eat real food (albeit should be healthy and less quantity) -- because it affects how much fat is absorbed. I am not keen on the whole 'living in the bathroom' thing... but I think it's really my only option, at least maybe it will jump start me?

Are you all happy on Alli? Does your body adjust to it after a while? Do you use the online help from Alli?

At this point, I need to do something! Help me, please! I will be your Alli buddy.

Hi

The good news: I bought Alli about 4 months ago...

but never started it. It is still in the package... (the bad news)

I just booked a cruise last night... and I REALLY want to lose before I go.(Both good and bad news!) I have SO much stress in my life right now, along with aches and pains. It's so hard. i have never really dieted in my life, but I do go up and down, according to stress. Right now I am the heaviest I've been since the day before I had my 10 lb 14 oz baby! (I realized metabolism slows as you age however.) My doctor says my weight gain (and other problems) are all stress related. He even told me NOT to come back to him with another complaint until I change some things in my life. (thanks, Doc)

Every nite and every morning I think I WILL go exercise, or go to the gym (haven't seen that place in months and months). But then, when the time comes, I have other distractions, have to shuttle the kids somewhere, the phone rings and it's another crisis... or lately... it's TOO BLASTED HOT!

That may sound like my problem is not being able to exercise, but really my problem is food. I love food. Live for food. I make my living with food. So those meal replacements etc, Medifast, Jenny, etc just won't fly with me.

So, here's Alli. You can still eat real food (albeit should be healthy and less quantity) -- because it affects how much fat is absorbed. I am not keen on the whole 'living in the bathroom' thing... but I think it's really my only option, at least maybe it will jump start me?

Are you all happy on Alli? Does your body adjust to it after a while? Do you use the online help from Alli?

At this point, I need to do something! Help me, please! I will be your Alli buddy.

Hi Simdelish

I can relate to your story. Just now, I'm trying to type this while packing kid's lunches for tomorrow. (I've already had to come back to this paragraph twice in the last 30 mins). Then its off to throw a load of laundry in, and read the kids a story before bedtime. Its near midnight when I finally go to bed and I wake up at 6am. :( Exercise?? Whats that??

Stress and everyday busy lifestyle are definitely contributors to my weight problems too.

I don't believe you'll live in the bathroom if you follow the guidelines with Alli. But, everyone is different. I've read that its does take some people time to adjust. I recommend starting Alli right before a weekend. That way you're home in case anything happens. With me, there was nothing like that. Sunday family dinner consisted of spaghetti and meatballs. And although I tried to eat a very small portion, I've had a stomach ache all day today as a result. :( So far, that has been my worst punishment.

On the bright side, the scale is down 4 lbs... Would have been better had I exercised, but not bad for week 1. :D

Good luck, let me know if you start :-) Oh and when is your cruise ??

Hi Latte

Your results and words are encouraging, thanks. Last weekend it was so hot I couldn't eat ( I can't afford the a/c right now), so the scale dropped 5 lbs! of course by Tues when the heat broke a bit, and my hunger returned, back up 4... I ran off to the beach this week with my kids for 3 days, to escape my woes, but must return tomorrow. As it will be Friday, I think I will start Alli, so I'll just be a week or so behind you. I just have so darn much to do, I don't need to feel crappy when there's so much on the line. But, I guess I will get past it... I always do, don't I?

Should I start early morning, or is later in the day better? Can't remember the exact directions, need to try to re-read online tonight. Do you use the online Alli help/system?

thanks, Sim

Should I start early morning, or is later in the day better? Can't remember the exact directions, need to try to re-read online tonight. Do you use the online Alli help/system?

thanks, Sim

I would start at the beginning of the day if I were you. I don't know about everyone else, but with me, its not like it started working instantaneously. Kinda TMI, but it was a week before I began noticing a difference in the loo visits.

I do not use the online Alli support system. Not for any reason other than I find their website slow to load and difficult to get around the boards. :(

Last week I lost nothing.. Not very encouraging, I know. Sometimes I think my metabolism is stuck in reverse. But when I really think about it, I believe the culprite was eating way too many carbs. This week I will try to balance things out a bit more..

Archived