Celebrity Zenith or RCCL Enchantment for 1st timers?

grngables

My wife and I are planning a 5 night Western Carribean cruise for our anniversary (without the 3 little ones). We are debating between the Zenith, or RCCL's Enchantment for the trip. The 2 different itineraries are either Cozumel/Belize or Jamaica/Grand Cayman. Any suggestions would be appreciated.;)

That's a tough one. I personally would go for 7 days. 5 days is just a little to short. By the time you are familiar with the ship they are booting you off. As to the ships, I would lean toward the Enchantment. As to ports I would lean toward Cozumel and Belize(Enchantment). If looking for better service, I would lean toward the Zenith. If looking for better food, once again the Zenith. The problem is being an repeat cruiser, what I look for and what a first timer would look form might be two different things.

I will be interested in reading what others have to say.

For ports: Cozumel/Belize would be my first choice, for ship/line :"X". However, having been to all of the ports you mentioned, to me, the bigger difference is between the ports you are going to rather than the minimal difference in the lines. I would do the Cozumel/Belize cruise, regardless of the line.

Grngables, we are also considering one of these two ships for our 25th anniversary cruise next December. We will have nine cruises in by then, the 5 day cruise happens to work with our schedules. Having cruised Celebrity and Royal Caribbean four times each I know we'll be happy with either ship. I am leaning towards the Enchantment. (Our second cruise was on the Enchantment back in '99) It will be "stretched" soon, and I like the fact that she sails out of Ft. Lauderdale. The five day cruise we're looking at stops at Kew West, Cozumel and Belize. Whatever ship you decide on, have a great cruise and enjoy your anniversary!

Rick.

Our first cruise was on the Zenith to Bermuda. It was a wonderful first experience. Our second cruise was on the Mariner to the western caribbean. We visited Cozumel, Cayman Island, and Jamaica. We liked all the ports for different reasons. Zenith is a smaller older ship but is in very good shape. We found the food and service to be better on the Zenith. That was just our opinion from very limited experience!! You will have a great time no matter what you decide.

Rickster,

Thanks for the information. We chose the 5 night RCCL Enchantment to Key West, Cozumel and Belize for Jan.'06. When checking, the only Celebrity cruise for 5 nights is to the Jamaica/Cayman ports. The Celebrity cruise to Cozumel is only 4 nights.

If you go in December you'll have to fill me in.

Thanks,

Eric

• 4 weeks later...
Everyone,

As you read this, keep in mind it is Port Allen Jamaica

Port Antoino, Jamaica:

Miami, Florida Departure Depart 5:00 PM

At Sea

Port Antonio, Jamaica DockedArrive 9:00 AM Depart 4:00 PM

George Town, Grand Cayman Tendered Arrive 9:00 AM Depart 4:00 PM

At Sea

Miami, Florida Arrival Arrive 8:30 AM