co-Q10

Lizzie1213

The other day at Costco, someone was handing out liquid Q10 supplement samples. He listed the benefits, including an increased matabolism!! I bought a bottle, but have only been taking it a couple of days. Does anyone have any experience with this? thanks.

I don't, but to be honest, I think alot of the vitamin hype is nonsense. It's an industry with virtually no regulations from the FDA. Some of it works, but I think a lot of it is garbage, just like all the "diet" plans and pills out there.

I went to a demonstration once and they put a vitamin tablet from all the major companies on a tray...baked them at 200 for 5 minutes..then showed us the amount of tar that had emitted from each pill..it was digusting..the 'tar" was the extra additives put into the pills that needed not to be there...and we are not talking about vitamin additives...we are talking about JUNK you are putting back into your body. The only product that had hardly anything were the Shaklee vitamins and since then, those are the only ones I ever felt safe taking. I would only take ANY vitamin if it was manufactured in the US. I feel safe using the Whole Foods label, too.

In the end, I dont know if anything truly raises your metabolism except the old fashioned way..excercise and maybe eating certain foods. All the stuff nobody wants to do LOL :) I think alot of the marketing stuff that goes into these "metabolism boosters" really is just a mind game they play on us to get us to buy the stuff.

Just my thoughts.

The other day at Costco, someone was handing out liquid Q10 supplement samples. He listed the benefits, including an increased matabolism!! I bought a bottle, but have only been taking it a couple of days. Does anyone have any experience with this? thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

co q 10 is not a junk vitamin. cardiologists have prescribed it for years for heart patients to reduce cholesterol and improve heart output and thus improve the heart. It has alot of other benefits such as reducing the risk for stroke, improving diabetes ect.

I didn't say it was a junk vitamin. I said they put a lot of extra "junk" into vitamins to market them.

I am a physican in a rehab related field..believe me, heard it all, seen it all, and in the end, it all boils back down to healthy eating and exercise. Vitamins supplements are helpful, but remember, not all medical research is conclusive so exercise it cautiously.

co q 10 is not a junk vitamin. cardiologists have prescribed it for years for heart patients to reduce cholesterol and improve heart output and thus improve the heart. It has alot of other benefits such as reducing the risk for stroke, improving diabetes ect.

I didn't say it was a junk vitamin. I said they put a lot of extra "junk" into vitamins to market them.

I am a physican in a rehab related field..believe me, heard it all, seen it all, and in the end, it all boils back down to healthy eating and exercise. Vitamins supplements are helpful, but remember, not all medical research is conclusive so exercise it cautiously.

I'm sorry I mis read your post. Too many night shifts....LOL

Archived