Elation Carnival

Valentinecruiser

We also just returned from the Elation. It was our first cruise, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised with everything. It was cool in Galveston and even the second day at sea. I wish I had packed some warmer clothes. But, after your first day in Progresso, your weather should be gorgeous. We were in room E212. We noticed a little rocking, but nothing that I would call excessive, again, this is our first cruise, so I may have a bad perception, We really enjoyed everything, except the lobster on the first formal night.

I would recommend this cruise. Have a wonderful and safe trip.

We are just back, too. We were on the upper deck- outside in the middle- it wasn't too bad. We all felt rocked to sleep at night! Walking in heels was a trick some nights, though. I thought the lobster was great - the prime rib was a little over done for my taste. I'm not complaining though- everything else was terrific. I was ready to have fun and the food was not the biggest factor. OK- it was for my teen son who ate pizza all day long!! You will have a blast. Any ??

How about the temp. in the dining room? Was it cold? I will be on this Sundays sailing and cant wait!!!

Hi! I was fine in the dining room but saw MANY people wearing sweaters or jackets, etc.....at least TAKE a sweater or jacket or something that will go over all of your clothing...you'll be safe that way. I actually loaned my extra sweater to a new friend I met on this cruise. She had been FREEZING! The relatives we were with wore a sweater every night.

We are going on the Sunday cruise as well!! Hope it's not raining!

What did you do in port? How cold is it on deck leaving Galveston??

Thanks,

Can't wait to read your review !!

Hi.....it was rainy and cold in Galveston as we were leaving; was very cool and partly cloudy on SEA DAY (Monday)......HOT HOT HOT and SUNNY SUNNY SUNNY All three port days--Tues, Wed & Thurs..:)..rained & very cold all day Friday. Very chilly on Saturday, but partly sunny. Warm -- about 70 degrees when we arrived in Galveston on Sunday...(by afternoon it was 70, I mean)

Will write more in my review......Thanks! Wish I was going with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How was the weather? Did you notice any of the 'rocking and rolling' of the ship that a couple of other recent cruisers mentioned? What deck was your room on?

We sail on Sunday! Excitedly looking forward to your review!

The weather in Galveston was rainy & cool. Mon-chilly/partly-cloudy. Tues, Wed Thurs---hot hot hot & sunny sunny sunny!!!! Fri--rain and very cold......joked that we thought it was going to start snowing....Sat..chilly.

We hardly noticed we were on a ship at all. The last night, was probably the worst night.......and the only rocking and rolling night.

We were MAIN DECK M81. Our relatives were M77 & M73.

We were 3 oceanview cabins in a row-on the right side of the ship. (Portside???)

If you're on the right side of the ship, it's starboard, the left is Port. How to remember that: Port and Left both have 4 letters therefore port goes with left. Right and Starboard don't have 4 letters and they go together.

Anyway, that's how I always remember it.

If you're on the right side of the ship, it's starboard, the left is Port. How to remember that: Port and Left both have 4 letters therefore port goes with left. Right and Starboard don't have 4 letters and they go together.

Anyway, that's how I always remember it.

GREAT IDEA! Thanks thanks thanks!!! I appreciate the

information.

Archived