clothes/shoes to bring

czexrus

we are going on the legend in a couple weeks; we would like to know exactly what to bring as far as "dressy" clothes and shoes. Are open toe sandals appropriate, i know flip flops wouldn't be. Also, can men wear polo 3 button shirts? What about a nice blouse and pants for women. We aren't elegant gown people but just wondering so we don't look out of place and not in dress code.

The clothing you've mentioned is perfectly acceptable. You will see folks dressed up more, in particular for the Elegant Evenings, but you'll also see folks who aren't as well dressed on the same evenings.

Y'all seem to fall right in the middle! Excellent!

:)

we are going on the legend in a couple weeks; we would like to know exactly what to bring as far as "dressy" clothes and shoes. Are open toe sandals appropriate, i know flip flops wouldn't be. Also, can men wear polo 3 button shirts? What about a nice blouse and pants for women. We aren't elegant gown people but just wondering so we don't look out of place and not in dress code.

Ditto what Mach said. And on Elegant Evenings (still want to say formal nights) you could dress up more if you choose to. A lot will. And you don't need a long formal gown but a dressy sundress or a short cocktail dress would be fine and a jacket for men. But if you don't have anything like that or just don't want to dress up at all, what you described is perfectly acceptable for formal nights too.

Hi!

I always wear "dressy" sandals with my formalwear because 1)they take up less space in the suitcase than heels, 2)they are more stable when walking around on a moving ship and 3)they are comfortable and I can wear them to the MDR on cruise casual evenings.

Whatever dress shoes you decide to wear, you might want to put some masking tape or duct tape on the bottom of the soles so you don't slip on the tile floors.

You're fine. I kind of figure that when we dress for dinner, we haven't done anything that hasn't been done before. You'll see many more less dressed than that.

Just a personal HINT:

Ladies, I take

2 pair of dress pants (black & brown)

5 blouses to mix and match.

Take a pair of shoes to match the black and the brown pants.

Then just change out the jewelry to make it different.

At dinner you're only seen from the waist up and you may not even sit with the same people each evening.

Just sayn... :)

I usually pack and then put back a third of what I packed. Pack comfortable shoes for port days, flip flops or sandals and if you wish dressy sandals for the MD room and elegant night. I pack a swimsuit, tops, shorts, a pair of capris, a sundress or two and a dress for elegant night. I wear the heaviest shoes that I'm taking and a top and pants to the ship. CCL is very casual. Just bring clothes that are comfortable. It's your vacation and just time to relax.

Just a personal HINT:

Ladies, I take

2 pair of dress pants (black & brown)

5 blouses to mix and match.

Take a pair of shoes to match the black and the brown pants.

Then just change out the jewelry to make it different.

At dinner you're only seen from the waist up and you may not even sit with the same people each evening.

Just sayn... :)

Thanks for the hint. :) Do you remember how much the laundromat cost? Or did you have the ship wash the clothes for you?

Thanks for the hint. :) Do you remember how much the laundromat cost? Or did you have the ship wash the clothes for you?

Hi! I know this question wasn't addressed to me, but I remember that it is $3 to wash and dry.

Also, on the Dream, I took advantage of the $15 special where for $15, they launder and fold everything you can stuff into a bag (send in by 10:00am, get it delivered back to your cabin sometime the same evening.) I crammed 20-something items into that one bag! :D It came back in 3 bags, and everything was all folded and ready to place back into my suitcase for the journey home.

I can't wear shoes with heels anymore. I have no idea why, but when I wore a pair with small heels for my son's graduation, I just couldn't walk in them. Instead of the pumps with heels, I'm bringing this for elegant night. I hope it's ok:

077955_4_490x490.jpg

I can't wear shoes with heels anymore. I have no idea why, but when I wore a pair with small heels for my son's graduation, I just couldn't walk in them. Instead of the pumps with heels, I'm bringing this for elegant night. I hope it's ok:

077955_4_490x490.jpg

Where did you get these? I think I need a pair.

What are car wash pants?

"Car Wash" pants are fly away pants . . . hard to explain . . . flimsy pants with a layer over them that makes them look like a long sheer skirt. Help me you guys . . . how does one describe "car wash" pants? If I knew how to upload/download . . . I'd send a picture but I'm so tech challanged, it's a wonder I can ever do emails . . . :p

resize?sq=500&uid=1042766200

I never heard of these referred to as car wash pants. I always thought of them as palazzo pants but these are a great alternative to a dress for formal night. On my next cruise we will have two formal nights I might get a pair of these for one of the dress nights. Thanks for the tip.

Archived