teenagers on the ventura

willow3

hi we are booked for july sailing on the ventura with 2 14 yr old boys and was wondering what sort of clothing to take for the evenings,both have dinner suits for the formal nights but all the other nights are smart casual.I know they can wear smart jeans which is fine but have been told no knee length shorts with a polo shirt is this correct info? will i need to buy trousers instead?I thought the dress code was for over 18 so thought smart jeans and shorts would have been ok.any advice would be fab. thanks

i thought it was ok for smart polo shirts to be worn on smart/casual evenings, but not so sure about the knee length shorts, probably better not to if dining in the main dining room, but once dinner is finished, there should be no reason why they can,t get changed ??

this is not gospel, but just what i have observed whilst cruising, but hopefully you will receive other replies which can clarify this....or not.

good luck anyway.

We went on the Ventura back in November with our 12 year old son, he wore a Dinner Suit on the formal days and Trousers and a Polo shirt for the smart casual evenings. We ate in the Baytree reataurant every night and everybody was always smartly dressed. I did notice a few people in very dark smart jeans which we are going to take for my Son next year, I don't think we will bother with the Trousers at all. He can always go and put shorts on after dinner when he is in the kids club if he wants. Hope this helps a bit!

Archived