Camp Carnival

cosmolulu1

I know the minimum age for Camp Carnival is 2+. My twins are 3.5 and will be old enough to do this. I am also traveling with a 20 month old. I have read here and there online that some people were allowed to take an under 2yo into Camp Carnival if they were accompanied by a caregiver, any truth to this? Kind of bummed because I am worried my 20 month old won't have much to do, he's not potty trained so he won't be able to use the wading pool either. Going on the Carnival Glory in August. Any thoughts/ideas of what my youngest could do!

From Carnival's webpage:

Under 2 year olds will also be offered babysitting services on Sea Days in the form of a Family Play Time. During this time parents are welcome to stay with their children to play free of charge or if you choose you can leave your under 2's with Camp Carnival for the regular babysitting fee. We also offer Port Day Babysitting for your under 2 year old. The early morning port service will begin 15 minutes before the ship's arrival in port until 12pm and for late ports this will be offered during 'free play' times (see your Youth Staff when you arrive on the ship for details).

They also have babysitting in the evening for fee for under 2s.

We took our son on Princess when he was 18 months (now that he's eligible for Camp Carnival, but not on other lines, that's the line we chose this time.) It worked fine. They also had a family play time in their play room. We went there and had lots of fun. You'll be surprised at how much your 20 month old will enjoy just people watching, climbing stairs, go into a nightclub during the day and let him run around. DS had tons of fun on his cruise... although we were exhausted from chasing him around the whole week. lol We went for lots of walks around deck in his stroller. We also had a balcony (strongly strongly recommend this) and we spent a lot of time sitting out there looking for dolphins, playing with small toys, eating there, etc. Lots of people bring the little inflatable bath tubs so they can splash, but frankly I think this would have caused more issues for DS, but who knows.

Archived