Bar or Restaurant Near Pier in Mazatlan?

travellady

My niece and her fiance are going to be in Mazatlan the same day we'll be so we're looking for a place near the pier to have a drink and chat. They are on the Vision of the Seas, we are on the Diamond Princess and I think both ships dock fairly close by.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to where we could meet to have a drink that's near the pier.? We have only about 1.5 hours since we are both doing seperate excursions earlier in the day. We want to stay until the last gun is fired so want to be right near the ships if possible. She lives in Mass., we live in Washington State, so do have some catching up to do.

And, I'll have an 11 year old with me so recommendations need to work for families.

Thanks!

There is a little bar right at the pier. We call it the Passengers terminal building and there are many stores also. They also have a little Mercado and that is where you take the different excursions and taxis. It is a nice place to meet and chat. They have tables with umbrelas and it is all open air. Have some Pacificos and a nice time. Enjoy Mazatlan!

Mazatlan Frank

Hey, we were just there last week and the Vision was within a couple of feet behind the Diamond... Way, Way too cool. Diamond left about 30 minutes prior to the Vision's departure. I believe the same goes for when they get into port. Unless, it was just luck that one got there before the other.

However, once at the port and once off of the ship the passengers take a little tram ride to get out of the dock area. There you will find a handful of shops and of course all of the offers that are available right there to go and visit. There are a zillion and two cab drivers willing to take you anywhere in town. This time we went to the EL Cid hotel and did the beach scene there. The cost was just around $10.00 total for the four of us in a small cab. On the beach you will find the hotels in that area have bar service available to everyone. We parked our bodies, got some sun, drinks and even parasailed (for $22.00 a person). Way to much fun.

Whatever you do, I am sure you will all have a great little visit.

Barb

Thanks for the quick replies. Mazatlan Frank, I'll probably pursue your suggestion as time is tight and we want to make sure we board the ship on time. Will it be easy to spot somebody in the Mercado? Is there a good landmark I could tell my neice to meet us at? I don't wnat to spend too much time wandering around looking for them.

Archived