Another Nachi vs Chank?

ruascott

We've never been to Cozumel so are looking for some advice. From what I can tell FOS will be the only boat in port that day, so hopefully things won't be too crowded.

We have two 13 yr old boys with us. Would you recommend the 4 of us go to Nachi or Chank? It appears that Chank might would be a little less pricey, but I suppose that depends on the price of food/drinks at Chank.

Neither of the boys have ever snorkled before, but I do believe they'd be intersted in giving it a try. The downside is - from what I can tell - Chank has no pool, so its ocean or nothing right?

Also, does either place have live music normally? I love any type of live music, so that might tilt the balance (for me anyway). :D

Should we give ourselves time to do much else while in Cozumel besides the beach club we choose?

Thanks

I've been to both places. I think for your situation that Chankanaab would be a better choice. More to do for the kids. Nachi was AMAZING, but it is JUST a sit around an chill and be spoiled with food and drinks kind of place. Only snorkeling is if you pay extra to go out by boat. Nothing to see from beach area...too choppy where it is. We loved Chank too though. Great place for beginning snorkelers, lots to see and some chill time there too. In fact, we are taking our two boys to Chankanaab on our next trip.

At Chankanaab they do have a great little lagoon for beginners............it's right next to the dolphin enclosure and has a little "gate" out into deeper water for when the kids get up their nerve to swim out into the ocean.

Oh, awesome. They do have a pool. Well I think that settles it, we will do Chankanaab. Thanks for all the replies.

BTW, does anyone recall any live music there (or anywhere else by the beach in Cozumel)? :D

We were at Chankanaab last week and really enjoyed the pool as well as the beach area. We bought sodas, water and snacks at a little convenience store just inside the park and were amazed that most items cost 1 dollar. Price a little higher further into the park. We didn't eat in the restaurants due to a late breakfast. Have fun!

Elsie:cool:

BTW, does anyone recall any live music there (or anywhere else by the beach in Cozumel)? :D

Yes, there was a three member mariachi type combo playing in the restaurant area.

And here's a photo of the pool:

DSC_1944.JPG

Archived