Scuba diving in St. Thomas: best place and should I use RCI excursion?

But don't you want your BCD that you know fits you comfortably? And your reg-set that you know will work, and was serviced recently? And for me, the snorkel is a big deal too, and the mask must fit. All that is left is boots & fins, add tank & weights! hehe! So I flatten it out in my suitcase, and bring less stuff with me.

Or do you guys think the BCDs the dive shop use are perfectly good?

We went to secret harbor last jan. not the best weather but went snorkeling (my husband&I) the owner Diane took 4 divers down and the guy driving the boat kept an eye on us. wereally enjoyed we saw alot of turtles,tangs and a barracuda went right under us.it was nice just being the only ones there . i'm sure it would have been busier if the weather had been better,but we didn't mind the sprinkles.

Check out http://www.blueislanddivers.com/; you won't be disappointed. They will give you very personal attention and pick you up and drop you off at your ship. Depending on the cruise ship you are on; they are located in Crown Bay right next to the port where the Oasis of the Seas docks along with the new Allure. Call D.J.; tell him Darlene sent you. 340-642-7939. Enjoy!

laurent,

i think i am going to skip diving on this cruise. rci has no excursion in st thomas or nassau for oasis. st marteen i have plans. so, i think i will wait till jan cruise and dive in grand turk.

i hit the link in your post but only saw comic book stuff?????

i would only buy from a dive shop.

barry

laurent,

i think i am going to skip diving on this cruise. rci has no excursion in st thomas or nassau for oasis. st marteen i have plans. so, i think i will wait till jan cruise and dive in grand turk.

i hit the link in your post but only saw comic book stuff?????

i would only buy from a dive shop.

barry

The link is to a smiley face that moons you. In 2007 I mooned some friends from our 9th deck balcony when sailing on the Jewel of the Seas. So this Moon-Man thin has kinda stuck to me. :)

Sorry about you not coming - I'm still researching good dive shops. Cozumel has a lot more shops to choose from, BTW. At least, I haven't researched St. Thomas that well: it's next on my list! :)

watch planes land at smx at susnset beach then last call at sharky's.

bb

Excellent. Presidente's at Sunset bar and Grill always makes for a good day.

Walk to the other side of the beach to Guys Driftwood boat bar and have one of their rum punches.

Then you gotta "ride the fence" this time.:D

Excellent. Presidente's at Sunset bar and Grill always makes for a good day.

Walk to the other side of the beach to Guys Driftwood boat bar and have one of their rum punches.

Then you gotta "ride the fence" this time.:D

yes, i am riding the fence this time. or at least standing on beach for a take-off.

laurent,

that is me and mike in his sig. pic with sharks in nassau. stuart cove shark feeding. may 2008

yes, i am riding the fence this time. or at least standing on beach for a take-off.

laurent,

that is me and mike in his sig. pic with sharks in nassau. stuart cove shark feeding. may 2008

Yep, stand on the other side of the road from the fence. That way if you get blown down or need to run, you won't have to do it across asphalt.

I did it several times but chickened out on the 747. The Airbus was a big enough blast for me.:D

On 7/28, we did a two tank beach dive from Coki Beach with Peter (Coki Beach Dive Club). As a warm up dive (it had been 18 months since our last dive) it was quite nice - very good beach conditions, very nice visibility, lots to see - turtles, eels, a lively reef.

This was the second time we dove at Coki Beach.

We dove with Admiralty Dive in St. Thomas. They picked us up right at the cruise ship pier. Two good dives, the second one was a drift dive. I would dive with them again. Very professional. They fresh water rinsed all our equipment back at their shop before they drove us back to the pier.

Archived