C deck balconies - extra chairs.

terrierjohn

Has anyone been sucessful in getting the steward to provide 2 extra chairs for a C deck cabin?

We are cruising with friends who will be in an ocean view room, but we may want to entertain them on our balcony sometimes.

I know there will be plenty of room because Princess do eqip their C deck balconies with 2 normal chairs and 2 recliners.

I doubt that you will be lucky enough to get extra chairs. C deck balconies, though larger, are standard balcony cabins so only come with the 2 chairs, table and footstool as do other standard balcony cabins. I cannot imagine they have a reserve of spare chairs on the ship.

That doesn't seem very sensible....what are the third and fourth person supposed to do, sit on each other's laps?!:D

We have cruised for years as a family of 4 in a balcony cabin. We have never had more than 2 chairs...mind you , it would have been a bit of a squeeze with 4 chairs on there.

We have cruised for years as a family of 4 in a balcony cabin. We have never had more than 2 chairs...mind you , it would have been a bit of a squeeze with 4 chairs on there.

Yes but have you cruised in a Grand Class ship like Ventura/Azura in a C deck balcony?

If you had you would know that, at twice the standard size, they easily fit 4 chairs, as I pointed out in my intitial post.

Still waiting for someone who has cruised in one and has asked their steward for extra chairs.

What was his response?

when we were on oceana in a suite, we asked for 4 extra sunloungers, ( we already had 2, plus table and 4chairs on our balcony.)and no problem, the steward brought them up for us, as we were travelling with 4 other family, in opposite cabins.

when we had suite on ventura this year, with same family we had 2 loungers, and struggled to get 2 more chairs for the table as they said they aren,t usually allowed to give out extra.

Bizarre, how one ship differs to another, so as its ventura, i would probably say unless you can beg your cabin steward, you may not get more, but no harm in asking.

Archived