Need info on subway fare in Rome and train info to Civitaveechia

gam888

Heard the train ticket from the port of Civitavecchia to Rome is about 10 Euros return? Does it include the fare within the bus and rail system? If not, how much does it cost for a subway ticket? Can you buy some kind of a pass? I am trying to compare if it's worth is doing a DIY tour for the 5 of us, or just book a tour from the port which is about 500Euros for the 5 of us. For those who have done a DIY tour, do you get off at the Vatican first, or the Termini in Rome first? Which one works better for a more straight forward route without waking back and forth too much. We are willing to just do a superficial look see at the Vatican without spending major time in the museums. Since it's will be too much of a rush to do it justice. If the kids (16-21) come back to Rome in the future on their own, they can spend more time going through it. Husband and myself have been to the Vatican. Would like to focus more on the other landmarks in Rome this time to give them an overview of Rome. Any walking route suggestions is welcome. Thanks.

The ticket you are looking for is called a BIRG.

The BIRG ticket is a regional one, it doesn't specify a particular train or station. You can read about the ticket here (http://www.atac.roma.it/index.asp?p=19&i=14); between Civitavecchia and Rome you need a five zone ticket, which costs 9 Euro for adults. You can get on and off all trains, buses, metros, trams, etc. without dealing with another ticket. It is critical that you stamp the ticket to validate it before boarding the train at Civitavecchia. If for some reason you can't get the validation machine to work, write the date and time on the back of the ticket and sign it, this should suffice.

The ticket you are looking for is called a BIRG.

The BIRG ticket is a regional one, it doesn't specify a particular train or station. You can read about the ticket here (http://www.atac.roma.it/index.asp?p=19&i=14); between Civitavecchia and Rome you need a five zone ticket, which costs 9 Euro for adults. You can get on and off all trains, buses, metros, trams, etc. without dealing with another ticket. It is critical that you stamp the ticket to validate it before boarding the train at Civitavecchia. If for some reason you can't get the validation machine to work, write the date and time on the back of the ticket and sign it, this should suffice.

I couldn't find mention of Cavitavecchia on the site...is there another name for the stop?

I couldn't find mention of Cavitavecchia on the site...is there another name for the stop?

Beyone the spelling issue that Cathy already caught, what information are you looking for? The site referenced is the Rome metro public transit site. There is a description on if of the BIRG ticket, which is why I attached it. If you are looking for train information for Civitavecchia, you need to go to the train site (www.trenitalia.com).

Archived