PV time vs Carnival Splendor time?

Middleager

We'll be sailing Carnival Splendor and will be in PV on Wed. Aug. 25/2010. We are supposed to be in port 9am-10pm. I'm hearing that ship time is one hour ahead of local time. But then also hear the ship changes time?

So just wondering when the ship time is 9am that day we arrive PV, what is the local time? We are trying to arrange excursions ourselves and would like to know the time for sure.

Thanks.

We'll be sailing Carnival Splendor and will be in PV on Wed. Aug. 25/2010. We are supposed to be in port 9am-10pm. I'm hearing that ship time is one hour ahead of local time. But then also hear the ship changes time?

So just wondering when the ship time is 9am that day we arrive PV, what is the local time? We are trying to arrange excursions ourselves and would like to know the time for sure.

Thanks.

Hi, Middleager, from the reviews I've read and Fun Times I've looked at, it looks like the ship is one hour behind PV time. PV is two hours ahead of the West Coast (Pacific time zone) right now and we'll move our watches ahead one hour at some point in the cruise.

I've booked a tour in PV and the guide was well aware there would be a time difference.

BTW, we're also on that sailing and there's a roll call going. Please feel free to join us on the roll call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1143114

:)

Thanks.

++

As a general rule ...

Splendor will adjust ship's clocks forward one hour shortly after the cruise starts and will move the clocks back shortly before the cruise ends. Ship's time will match local time in Cabo and Mazatlan. Ship's time will be one hour BEHIND local time in Vallarta.

Having said this, the published itinerary arrival/departure times for Splendor are port local times. In Vallarta, Splendor will arrive at 8 AM ship's time (9 am local) and depart at 9 PM ship's time (10 PM local)

Enjoy!

Archived