suit bags

Lewing

Funny question I know but as suitcases are taken from you once you have parked the car at Southampton - is it not worth having evening dresses and suits in suit bags? or if we do, do we carry these on ourselves??

Thanks

Linda

We find suit carriers a pain in the b***. With careful packing everything goes into the cases. Pack with everything on hangers, fold them in and lay other stuff on so it does not crease. The secret of clothes etc not creasing is to pack tight and make sure the case is full so nothing can move about :D

If you are Southampton to Southampton, there is a tendency to think "Ok we will take another case". ..... Fly cruise or cruise fly and you HAVE to watch the weight. Cruise from Southampton and fly back is hard on packing, unless you are going to leave something/s behind :rolleyes: because even though you are joining a ship with no weight restriction, yo are bound by your return.

Been there done that and don't want to do it again. :(

Someone turned up to board our Eavesway coach last year with 3 or 4 suit / dress covers (the plastic kind) and had to take tham onto the coach as hand baggage. I had suits in a proper suit carrier that folds and zips up to form a kind of suitcase and it was put into the coach hold to go directly to our cabin. My partner puts her evening dresses in protective covers and puts them into a suitcase for extra protection. I think baggage handlers are not prepared to handle anything that could be easily damaged when thrown around as they often are. This will apply to coaches, cruise terminal and ship.

I hope this is some help.

Thanks for both replies and fully understand where you are coming from - we will put everything in cases. We are from and to Southampton and away for 3 weeks on cruise

Thanks for that

Linda

Archived