Sabatini's

Mindy97

Went to Sabatini's on the Golden last May. Will not do it again on our next cruise. Service was fine, but the meal took forever it seemed. Don't be afraid to ask for a cusion to sit on either, is the table was pretty much neck level. I don't believe we gave anything extra for tip.

~Paul

the pace was a big part of what we enjoyed.
To each's own I suppose regarding pace. Since it was our 1st cruise, I was afraid I was missing stuff I'd want to see since it took so long (reserve at least 2-3 hours). Was nice though getting our pics taken while there - went on the 1st formal night.

~Paul

Would you go to a fancy restaurant, eat a meal worth $20 and not tip? I believe if you check with the servers you will find that they are (normally)not included in the general tips, if they work exclusively in the Specialty dining room.

We found this out while cruising on several different Carnival ships. Our servers on each worked exclusively in the Special dining room, so they got only the tips from there. Both of our meals on these trips would have cost about $50, so we tipped accordingly. The service was amazing and I felt that they deserved whatever we gave. To me, it falls under the same category of tipping the room steward before the week begins...they will always remember. We eat in the special dining room several times during the week and are always remembered.

Deena

when can you make a reservation for the restaurant

Reservations for Sabatini's can only be made in person on board at Sabatini's. I believe they start taking them at 1PM, but you can double check that. I was on the Caribbean Princess back in June of 2004, so that is what I base it upon. The line can get very long, so get there early. You can make reservations for Sterlings over the phone.

The Monk

I agree with Calikak...If people insist on tipping over tipping it just adds to the confusion. The wait staff in the dining rooms are certainly not going to refuse an additional tip :). As far as I've heard All wait staff receive part of the "automatic" tips. I'd really like to know.

Just sailed on 1/29 Diamond. Made Sabatini's reservations for first night as soon as we boarded (by calling DINE hotline). We like to go the first night because it is less crowded and the service tends to be much better. $20 covers it all. We brought 2 bottles of wine and 1 bottle of champagne and were not charged corkage fees (which are usually $10/each in all the other dining rooms). And yes, we usually give the server an additional cash tip on the way out. Enjoy the meal - it's a nice experience.

Just want to add my 2 cents on tipping. We tipped extra on our first cruise last may on the CP...but after getting and reviewing that final bill...you can see that figured into the bill on every charge is a tip (gratuity). Next cruise we will not be xtra tipping. I think that extra tipping is an option for extra service. Sorry...we are not cheap really...just intend to be fair. If they are auto charging a tip...then so be it.

Are you saying that when you reviewed your bill, they had added 15% to the $20 per person at Sabatini's? Is that what you are saying? If that is true, that would be enough...

As for the person who asked if we'd eat in a "Class A" dinnerhouse and leave no tip, why of course not! But it was my impression that the "service charge" covered it.

Also, I was under the impression that the "automatic tips" were shared by all the wait staff, but maybe I was mistaken.

Fern

IMO, yes, you follow the dress code for the evening when going to Sabitini's on formal night.

There were six of us who ate at Sabatini's on the Grand. We found the service to be so exceptional that we felt an additional tip was warranted.

Archived