Explorer deck 2 oceanview

First time cruiser of Royal Carribbean Explorer. Currently booked in a promenade stateroom. Concidering relocating to an oceanview room on deck 2. Anyone have any comments or suggestions? I'm not familiar with the ship so any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

First time cruiser of Royal Carribbean Explorer. Currently booked in a promenade stateroom. Concidering relocating to an oceanview room on deck 2. Anyone have any comments or suggestions? I'm not familiar with the ship so any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

I have sailed the Explorer many times and stayed in an outside cabin on deck 2 on my second leg of my back to back cruises in February 2010,

I booked the second leg too late and couldn't stay in my balcony cabin, so I had to take a guarantee. I was assigned to an outside cabin on deck two, category H. I liked my cabin, not as much as the balcony cabin on deck 7 midship, but my cabin on deck 2 was in a great location.

Don't book a cabin forward of the Center Ice Rink, but aft of the Ice Rink. My cabin was 2314, and other than being a connecting cabin, it was good. In a connecting cabin you lose the couch or love seat, and they replace it with a chair. It didn't matter to me, as I was alone in the cabin.

If you book a forward cabin on deck 2 or 3 you can't cut through to go to the dining rooms, which are located on deck 3, 4 and 5 aft, as the Ice Rink is in between. In a forward cabin you must use the forward elevators or the stairs to go up to at least deck 4 o 5, in order to cut across, and then go down to the lower dining room on deck 3. If you stay in a midship (BEST) or aft cabin, you can use the aft elevators that take you to the dining rooms, in fact all the way up to deck 14, to the Viking Crown Lounge. For the VCL you must use the port side elevators, as the once on the starboard side (right side) don't go all the way up to the Viking Crown Lounge.

I hope that I was helpful with your cabin selection. The sailing is the smoothest on the lowest deck, midship, even the Captain will tell you that.

Have a wonderful cruise on the Explorer.

Ginnie

Keep the Promenade cabin! We made the change for the very reason that was stated -- having to go to deck 5 and do the crossovers! You would have to do a lot of walking to get from the front of the ship for the shows and then to the back for dining rooms or the buffet. It is more centrally located and not as subject to either being too isolated or too crowded with the people from ice shows.

MARAPRINCE

In checking all the picturs I could find here, and researching as much as I could, have decided to keep the promenade room. I think it will be a good choice. Was strange to see the layout of the oceanview room, they had the sitting area away from the window. That was a big factor for me. Would like to be able to sit on the sofa and look out that nice window, didn't want to have to look over the bed to see out. Promanade room looks fine to me. Thanks.

In checking all the picturs I could find here, and researching as much as I could, have decided to keep the promenade room. I think it will be a good choice. Was strange to see the layout of the oceanview room, they had the sitting area away from the window. That was a big factor for me. Would like to be able to sit on the sofa and look out that nice window, didn't want to have to look over the bed to see out. Promanade room looks fine to me. Thanks.

We had a promanade room and booked another one for our upcoming cruise. They seem a little bigger than an inside and the location is great. Just remember to close your curtains when you are getting changed or you will be the entertainment!!

Archived