Fantasy Cat 12 Question

TonyCruise

I have a cat. 12 cabin booked on Fantasy for this April. My understanding is that the cat. 12 has 2 single beds (which can be converted to a king) and a double pull out couch. Our plan was to have the kids (14 & 17) sleep on the single beds and then my wife and I will use the pull-out double. I talked to Carnival and they assured me that the couch was really a double bed (not a twin). Can anyone who has been in a cat. 12 on Fantasy (or another Fantasy class ship) confirm that the couch will sleep 2?

Thanks,

Tony.

We were on the Elation last week, and had a cat 12. The couch does make into a double bed, but it is on the small side. My DH is 6'3 and we wouldn't have made it. My boys slept on the couch (10 and 12) and one ended up on the floor every night (they both wiggle a lot so your boys may do OK). They brought in a rollaway for my daughter, so that might be an option for you as well.

Our plan was to have the kids (14 & 17) sleep on the single beds and then my wife and I will use the pull-out double.

Did you check how much more it would be to have an inside cabin across the hall for the kids to sleep in? I would sure hate to pay for a suite and end up on a pull-out.

They brought in a rollaway for my daughter, so that might be an option for you as well.

I may decide to put 1 kid on the couch and the other on the rollaway. Do you ask for the rollaway when you get on the ship or in advance? Does it cost extra? Does it stay in your room all day or do they bring it in at night?

Thanks,

Tony.

They knew we had 5 so it was planned for, but I'm sure you could request it- no extra fee. The steward came in and folded the rollaway and the couch up while we were at breakfast. It is out of the way during the day (ours tucked behind the chairs) and then she made it up while we were at dinner. Five is always harder to accomodate so we knew what to expect. We didn't want our kids in another cabin yet, it was our first cruise (but not our last!) and they are young still. (8,10,12) We were upgraded from a ocean view with berths- I am so glad we got the room we did. We will always get a suite from now on- we saw the staterooms and 5 would have been crazy. The foldout was comfortable, but it just seemed really small- my boys are tall and thin and of course don't want to touch each other :rolleyes: You will be so busy having fun that the beds won't matter- my kids were exhausted every night and slept really well- couch, bed and floor!! The balcony was great- we sat out there a lot and it was wonderful! You will have a fabulous time- we can't wait until we go again- we are already planning another cruise!

Brymic,

Thanks for the suggestion. I called my TA and she reserved the rollaway for me. If we decide that we don't need it then we can always ask the steward to take it back.

I have a 14 year old and a 17 year old. We were originally thinking about 2 regular rooms but then when we saw the pictures of the suites we figured may as well go in style! :D My kids are pretty low key so they don't care about having their own room - they would rather have the suite. The price was a little more than 2 rooms but I think it will be well worth it for the balcony alone. I can already picture myself on the balcony, sipping my morning coffee watching the sun rise. :p

Thanks,

Tony.

Enjoy your trip. We stayed with five in a cat 12 on the Fantasy in 2000. The opened couch was a little lumpy and the kids put the matress on the floor. I believe the beds would be more comfortable for you and your wife. Also, dont't forget since you have a Cat 12 you report to the Skipper's Club when you first enter the terminal in Port Canaveral. You will have priority boarding which is a nice little perk. We all had a great time on the Fantasy and cruised her again in 2003. Have fun!!!

I think you will find it to be a great choice - the suite. The wraparound couch could easily sleep two with no folding out. And wait until you have coffee on the balcony every morning. And cocktails every evening. And the views form the balcony pulling into and leaving ports....

Archived