Tenders on Glory?

debbie9703

I will be going on the Glory in July. How can I find out if we have to tender in to any of the ports? I know sometimes it is decided due to the weather and how many ships are already docked. It is so much easier if we can just walk off the ship.

Basketballmom, thanks for reply. This is good news. I do not like tendering. We are going July 9. According to the roll calls so far, most people are going every other week in July, but ours! My kids are also doing roll calls but not many replies so far.

I was just sailing with Carnival 1-31-05 thru 2-4-05. I thought we were going to dock at cozumel. I didn't find out until the night before we got to cozumel that we were going to tender. It sucked bad. First we had to wait in a long line to get a tender sticker then we wasted 2 1/2 hours more waiting for our number to get called to get tendered on shore. You would think with all the waiters hawking you all day they could off mentioned during the day prior and handed out tender numbers so we didn't have to wait in a long line. Because of this we never got to the beach until almost 3:00pm. It wasted too much of our beach time.

Just off the Jan 22 sailing on the Glory Eastern and we docked at each stop.

There were two ships tendering in St Thomas. I don't know how they decide who will tender and who will dock.

All ships tender in Belize due to the coral reef. Second largest on earth.

We did the Eastern last week and didn't tender at any port, however.............. in St. Thomas and particularily St. Maarten you could tell there were tenders being used by other ships. Apparently the ports aren't large enough on big ship days. I would suspect it's first come first served as far as the ports go....... Just hope the captain gets a good tail wind and smooth seas.

We've also been to Bermuda, and would gladly do the cruise again. The island is clean and prosperous. Prices are high for lodging and meals, so the cruise is the way to go. You'll be docked at the island for several days, so you won't always have to be checking your watch to make it back to the ship on time. It's nice to have some long days on shore. Try to select a cruise that will dock in Hamilton most of the time. The harbor at Hamilton is quite small, and most of the ships stay in Bermuda for 3 or 4 days, so they usually shuffle the ships around, making them stay at St. Georges on one end of the island or King's Wharf at the other end for a day or two. Hamilton is centrally located, and you can get anywhere else on the island in about an hour from there. Bus transportation and water taxis are excellent and relatively inexpensive. Plan for as much beach time as possible--all the beaches are fabulous!! We felt that we wasted a lot of time on shopping and sightseeing. We didn't discover how nice the beaches were until our third day.

There have been cruises to Bermuda recently from Baltimore and Philadelphia, but I don't know if they'll be offered this year. Several ships sail from New York/New Jersey.

Archived