Engine noise F Deck Oriana?

tottoncruiser

We have stayed on F deck a couple of times and not heard any engine noise. We were directly under the Penisular restaurant. Very convenient location. You may possibly get some in you are in the very rear cabin on F deck.

Brian

Stayed in F212 a couple of weeks ago and there is most definitely engine noise to be heard. How loud it is is dependent on your personal tolerance. It didn't bother us as we find it quite comforting and the location of these cabins far outweighed any noise. At most ports the gangways went out at the end of our corridor therefore no queuing for lifts etc. Also reception was just down the corridor.

There is no engine noise on any of the passenger decks on any P&O ships. There may be noise and vibration from the propellor/water interaction at the rear, but this is certainly not Engine Noise. Some people think the Air Conditioning sound to be Engine noise.

The noise I heard on F deck definitely wasn't the air conditioning, I know that noise. There is definitely some sort of noise. We were midship so not sure if it would still be as you describe.

Having travelled on A deck on Ventura last year the cabins were silent in comparison to our cabin on Oriana this year. As I say though the noise - whatever it was wasn't a problem for us

Archived