sailaway in ft lauderdale

will be in ft. lauderdale today and was wondering where would be the best way to watch the oasis sailaway? do "regular" folks have access to wherever those condos are....you know the ones where the ships pass in front of?

someone mentioned the hotel LAGO MAR has an amazing view from the beach.....is this beach public?

we tried to see the Oasis, pre-sailaway, during our last visit and there really isn't a good place to see her docked.

We did get a great view of the back of her, docked, from under the SE 17th Street (A1A) bridge. There's parking, but also BIG fences.

They did have water taxi stop down there, so you might be able to look up the schedule and get a slightly closer view from on the water while she's docked.

But your question was for the actual sailaway.

You could either go virtually anywhere on the beach... I'm not sure where you could go that is super close on the beach side. But we watched ships come and go from the John Lloyd Beach State Recreation Area. I think we had to pay $6 to get in, and we drove right down to the tip and just parked there. We didn't get to see Oasis based on the our schedule to leave, but it was pretty impressive being that close.

I've done this once. First we drove to near the Condos, all the parking is gated or assigned with no guest spots available.

We drove down to Ft Lauderdale beach near the Yankee Clipper. Parked at the beach and then walked... It was a good 30 minute walk along the beach until we made it down to the rocks where the port meets the ocean.

I know someone else on CC has done this and was lucky enough to make friends with someone who lived there and they drove them back to the beach parking lot.

I loved it that day, along with Lady O there were 6 or 7 other ships that I got some great photos of! My link Ships in Port in my signature shows the pics, check them out!

Archived