Tampa Rental Car Question

newlife_2010

I am looking to stay a few extra days in Tampa prior to my cruise - staying with a couple of friends. I want to rent a car to sightsee. Is there a rental car drop off at the cruise port? If not, any suggestions on dropping the car off the day of my cruise? I guess I would have to go back to the airport?

I am looking to stay a few extra days in Tampa prior to my cruise - staying with a couple of friends. I want to rent a car to sightsee. Is there a rental car drop off at the cruise port? If not, any suggestions on dropping the car off the day of my cruise? I guess I would have to go back to the airport?

There was a car return at the port but it is no longer there.

We are also flying in a few days pre-cruise and renting our car from Payless Car Rental. Another poster on these boards gave it a thumbs-up so we decided to get a quote. They are located just outside the gates of TIA and offer a free shuttle from baggage claim. After getting quotes from ALL of the in-terminal rentals this one beat the prices by a long shot!! When we return our car we are going to take a taxi to the port. From the airport a taxi is $26 for up to 4 passengers, the fee should be a dollar or two cheaper since it is just off Airport property.

We got our quote and secured our car rental at: http://www.PaylessCar.com

Good luck to you. :)

• 1 month later...
National Car Rental (and Alamo, with whom they share a facility) runs a shuttle service to the pier. They generally have some pretty decent weekend rental specials too.

Would you happen to know off hand if they will pick you up at the pier and take you to their facility to rent a car?? If not, I will call and ask. Thanks.

Archived