any balcony cabins for a fam of 4?

I apologize if this question has already been asked and answered; I looked through the boards and couldn't find anything about it. I see that NCL currently has a balcony upgrade happening but I have been unable to find a balcony cabin for our family of 4. I am looking for a 4-day cruise to the Bahamas, or a 5-day to the Carribbean.

Thanks in advance.

I apologize if this question has already been asked and answered; I looked through the boards and couldn't find anything about it. I see that NCL currently has a balcony upgrade happening but I have been unable to find a balcony cabin for our family of 4. I am looking for a 4-day cruise to the Bahamas, or a 5-day to the Carribbean.

Thanks in advance.

The NCL deck plans on their website have the cabins coded with symbols. Those balcony cabins designated "up to 4" are marked with a symbol ( + ). The key to the symbols is on each deck plan at the bottom of the image.

The accomodations for 4 will be two in the queen bed, one on the pull out sofa and one in a bed that drops down from the ceiling. here is a picture:

ba-with-turn-down.jpg.f4cf2e4311e06bf388d82b14ba2f7133.jpg

Same question, but not exactly

We are booked a BA in the Jade (10072) for 4 people.

It doesn't matter how I turn the page, How many times I asked for a written confirmation, still, I cannot understand how can this cabin offer accommodation for 4....... Unless of course one is sleeping in the balcony...from the sea side of the balcony. ( Finally I know where to put this annoying boy of mine..)

They state that there is a crib. If I am correct, a crib is something I had for my baby when he was born. He is 13 now and a bit larger than then.

Same question, but not exactly

We are booked a BA in the Jade (10072) for 4 people.

It doesn't matter how I turn the page, How many times I asked for a written confirmation, still, I cannot understand how can this cabin offer accommodation for 4....... Unless of course one is sleeping in the balcony...from the sea side of the balcony. ( Finally I know where to put this annoying boy of mine..)

They state that there is a crib. If I am correct, a crib is something I had for my baby when he was born. He is 13 now and a bit larger than then.

Did you see the picture posted above? That is how it's done. There is a bed that comes down from the ceiling.

Did you see the picture posted above? That is how it's done. There is a bed that comes down from the ceiling.

Yeap, I guess he published the picture while I was typing my msg.

The thing is that in the picture it looks like an inside cabin, since I see no balcony.

Unless it is hidden behind the beds, but then , the wall looks kindda rigid, while the curtains must be made of fabric.

And if it so, than how are we going to enjoy the balcony if the exit is obstructed by the upper bed ?

The thing is that in the picture it looks like an inside cabin, since I see no balcony.

Unless it is hidden behind the beds, but then , the wall looks kindda rigid, while the curtains must be made of fabric.

And if it so, than how are we going to enjoy the balcony if the exit is obstructed by the upper bed ?

That is my family in the picture (cute kids, huh? :D) and yes, that is a BA cabin, aft on the Pearl. The curtains are hiding the sliding balcony doors. Once the turn-down has been made, it is a challenge, but not impossible, to get to the balcony. You have to be able to crawl across the bed and get your feet to the other side, get the door slid open (while seated) and then, in order to stand, you have to be able to move forward (out on the balcony) and stand up at the same time. All of this without smacking your head on the bed that dropped down from the ceiling...

If you have a bad back or bad knees or any balance issues, you likely won't be able to do it and get to the balcony once turndown is in place.

The sofa bed and the upper bed will be put away in the morning, and put back out again in the evening. Your room steward will take care of it.

It is a tight squeeze to get to the balcony while the beds are out.

That is my family in the picture (cute kids, huh? :D) and yes, that is a BA cabin, aft on the Pearl. The curtains are hiding the sliding balcony doors. Once the turn-down has been made, it is a challenge, but not impossible, to get to the balcony. You have to be able to crawl across the bed and get your feet to the other side, get the door slid open (while seated) and then, in order to stand, you have to be able to move forward (out on the balcony) and stand up at the same time. All of this without smacking your head on the bed that dropped down from the ceiling...

If you have a bad back or bad knees or any balance issues, you likely won't be able to do it and get to the balcony once turndown is in place.

I think I have a simpler solution.

Get out of the cabin, get down the stairs to the deck where they have the auxiliary boats. Take one (preferably motorized) and lower it to the water. Paddle really fast to the front of the ship (in case the motorized little boats are all taken buy others doing the same drill) and carefully, move around the nose of the ship and wait until your cabin is exactly just 10 stories higher than your position in the sea level. Then, take a propulsion gun (you can get those in any wallmart) and stick a rope with a sharp end in it. carefully shoot the ceiling just above your balcony and from then, its just an easy climb up. If you are used to mountain extreme climbing in the Himalayas, that shouldn't be a problem for you.

When you have reached the level of your balcony, check thoroughly the floor since there might be a possibility that the rubber duck is waiting just there for you to step on it and make a sound as an strangulated hyena.

Voila, you have made it. obviously, only to figure out that you forgot the cork opener for the great bottle of wine your wife just handled you from the cabin....

Bummer....

For the information, the picture, and the humor! I am currently booked on the Sky for the 4-day to the Bahamas and had hoped to be able to take advantage of the balcony upgrade by changing my reservation (I need to change my banner as we are now booked for a December cruise rather than a September one.)

Thanks again!

We wouldn't have a problem with maneuvering. I just wish the Sky had balcony cabins for 4. Great info to remember for out next booking, though.

Thanks again!

Archived