Recommendations for what to do in St. Croix

CanadaDJ

• 2 weeks later...

I was there a few years ago...and I had signed up for a snorkling excursion which ended up being cancelled due to rough seas that day. I think I remember hearing that there is great snorkling there. We ended up just hanging out on the beach right by where the boats dock. So when we go back in January again our plan is to attempt to snorkel again.

• 3 weeks later...

Have been to St. Croix twice, staying a week each time at a resort. Each time we rented a car for a day and drove all over the island, going to a rum factory, etc. We also drove out to Udall Point, the eastern most point of the U.S. Remember the island is only about 20 miles "long" so getting around doesn't take a long time, and with a car you have the options of stopping to enjoy the scenery as well as stopping for a visit to Christiansted.

We were in St. Croix last January and we took a Big Beard tour, it was amazing!! It was a snorkel tour that stopped at Buck's island, and the best part was that they waited for the overcrowded ship excursion to clear out of the area before they took us to the snorkel spot!!

After the snorkeling we went to a little island to have a BBQ and lots and lots of rum punch!

By far one of the best tours we have ever done!!

www.bigbeards.com

Have been to St. Croix twice, staying a week each time at a resort. Each time we rented a car for a day and drove all over the island, going to a rum factory, etc. We also drove out to Udall Point, the eastern most point of the U.S. Remember the island is only about 20 miles "long" so getting around doesn't take a long time, and with a car you have the options of stopping to enjoy the scenery as well as stopping for a visit to Christiansted.

I'm really looking into this for my stop in December.

I found a great rental rate for the day and really want to visit serveral places. This way I can stay at one place as long or short as I want to.

We will be in St. C. for a week in October and want to rent a car. Who did you get the good rate from?

Someone in another thread on this site suggested Olympic Car Rental. Their website is http://www.olympicstcroix.com .

If I didn't type it right, just do a search under Olympic Car Rental St. Croix.

• 1 month later...

when my wife and i go we always make sure to do the buck island trip and the atv tour. we have been with several companys to buck island but only one place does the ATV's. its an amazing tour. its called geckos island adventures.

If you want a nice snorkel tour without a lto of travel. N2theBlue dive shop runs a Butler bay snorkel trip. Their boat leaves from the cruise pier. The people that run this shop were awesome to work with and the snorkeling is good too.

PS when your done, head down the beach and get a drink at Coconuts.

• 1 month later...

Stay on the ship !!! Christiansted was a waste of the taxi fare $32 round trip for my wife and I, unless you are taking a boat ride from there to Hotel on the Cay. Rainbow Beach, which is close to the ship, was the worst beach we chose on our Eastern Carribean cruise on 11/08/10.

SandCastle on the Beach which is ten minutes from the pier but in the opposite direction from Rainbow was beautiful during the same time frame. We were there on Nov 13.

Did you take a cab? If so, how much? Thinking of going there when we're there in 2 weeks.

There are shuttle vans that are $6 a person round trip. When yu get to the piernask to be directed to the ticket line for the shuttle. Really simple. If you will want shade at the beach though reserve chairs and umbrellas ahead of time thru the website. You do not pay in advance but it guarantees you will have thesensaved for you. They do run out of umbrellas.

Enjoy

If you want a nice snorkel tour without a lto of travel. N2theBlue dive shop runs a Butler bay snorkel trip. Their boat leaves from the cruise pier. The people that run this shop were awesome to work with and the snorkeling is good too.

PS when your done, head down the beach and get a drink at Coconuts.

Hi ,can you tell me how the snorkeling compares with Buck island which we did last year. we are going to st.croix in jan. and don't want to do the same thing again. we do like to snorkel though so if we can find somewhere that has good snorkeling we would like to try.

Archived