Ft.Lauderdale Hotel Question

We have stayed 3 times at Extended Stay America on 17 th St near the Convention Center. Very convenient to airport, seaport, restaurants, water taxi to sight see, local sightsee bus, etc. Price is VERY reasonable compared to surrounding properties. It is about $20, or less, by taxi from airport and to the sea port. We will stay there again for 1 night pre-cruise this November.

I just bid $61 on priceline for 3* hotel in downtown FL and got the Riverside Hotel on East Las Olas Boulevard (staying 4 nights pre-cruise in December). It is an older hotel and has both good and bad reviews so we shall see!

We just returned from our Oasis cruise and stayed at the Cambria Suites. Very nice, new accomodations. Huge shower Ooh, la, la.

Under $100, provided transportation to and from the port too.

can you do leave your car here while cruising? i'll be driving down and want to find a place to stay that I can leave the car. this way i stay the night before and save the terminal parking fee. probably about the same coast as a night's stay and i can visit with friends the previous night.

We have stayed 3 times at Extended Stay America on 17 th St near the Convention Center. Very convenient to airport, seaport, restaurants, water taxi to sight see, local sightsee bus, etc. Price is VERY reasonable compared to surrounding properties. It is about $20, or less, by taxi from airport and to the sea port. We will stay there again for 1 night pre-cruise this November.

stayed there last year and it was absoluty perfect

I'm looking for a cheaper hotel than the beach front or marina hotels. Does anyone have input on hotels by the airport or downtown area?

We stayed at LaQuinta several years ago. Free pickup at airport and dropoff at cruise port.

Vicki

We stayed at LaQuinta several years ago. Free pickup at airport and dropoff at cruise port.

Vicki

We got the LaQuinta inHollywood last year for $65 per night using Priceline. They offer a free shuttle to the cruisepier, an excellent free breakfast in the morning and will let you park your car there for the duration of your cruise.There is a charge if you want the shuttle back to the hotel at the end of your cruise but a taxi might actually be less expensive.

This year, again using Priceline, we have booked the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport South for $65 a night and will be staying there between our Jewel repositioning cruise that ends in Fort lauderdale on November 12th and our Liberty of the Seas cruise that sails from Miami on November 14th.

We have had excellent luck using Priceline.

I ended up booking through Expedia last night and received the Riverside Hotel. 2 rooms, 1 night, with all taxes an charges included for $250. From everything I am reading, it is a nice hotel in a great location.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a "must do" nearby?

Archived