Buying wine on board

In many ships , they allow you to buy Wine bottles in their onboard stores and then you can bring them to the dining room and they will charge an uncorking fee.

Does anyone know if this is allowed on the Grandeur of the Seas?

I don't believe you can buy wine in the wine store and have for dinner. any wine we bought came from the wine cellar on the ship. Usually when you buy wine in the wine store it is returned to you on the last nite of the cruise. at least that is my experience.

You would have to either pre-order a wine package or select a wine package on embarkation day.

From the RCI website....... For more information about wine and beverage packages, please call 1-800-398-9819 in the U.S. or Canada.

s.gif

You can buy wine at any bar and drink it most anywhere around the ship. If you want to drink wine with dinner - it is best to buy it in the dining room.

Even if you pre-buy and have it sent to your cabin, they will charge you a fee bring it to the dining room. Sounds ridiculous I know, but unfortunately I speak from experience. The only exception we have had is if we take a bottle out of the dining room one evening to drink in the cabin, do not drink It, and bring it back the next night.

M

We were on the Indy in June and the shops on board only sold spirits and liqueurs, they didn't sell any wine. When you purchased it, they kept it and returned it to your cabin on your last night regardless of when you bought it during your cruise.

The only place wine was available was from the bars and MDR.

We purchased a wine package and were able to take unfinished bottles with us from the MDR after dinner if we wanted to.

It was the same on the Navigator last year. Shops didn't sell wine.

This was in Europe, may be different in US/Caribbean?

:cool:Wine packages can be pre-bought and you can have them in the dining room and specialty restaurants. They have different levels, based on quality of wine. You can save money this way. If you want a bottle every night at dinner, on a 7 day cruise, order a 7 bottle package.

Or you can order daily, or ahead of time, and have bottles in your stateroom. They tell you that you cannot bring these into dining room, but I have done it many times, and my waiter has never said a word. JACK IS SAILING AGAIN:cool:

My DH and I bought a wine package through RC. When we went to the MDR , we had one bottle with dinner. He would also ask for another bottle, of our choice from the wine package, to take back to our room. We had our own wine bottle opener. You can also ask for a bottle of wine to bring back to your room if you dine at the specialty restaurants. Hope this helps.

Archived