Buying beer in Belize

kujobie

I like to buy a six-pack of local beer in each port and bring back to enjoy on the ship. I know there is a liquor store in the tourist village, but if I remember correctly, Belikin was sold only by the bottle and it was $1.50 or $2 a bottle. Does anyone know if there is a nearby store outside the tourist village where I might be able to get it cheaper? Or can someone tell me what they recently paid per bottle in the village? I'm not gonna waste my time to save a dollar, but if I can get a six-pack a block away for $3 as opposed to paying $10-$12, I may do it.

P.S. I'm not afraid of pushy vendors. I've been to Jamaica..

I am not sure about the prices in Tourist Village. Belikin regular (green cap) and Belikin stout (blue cap) cost $3bz, $1.50us per bottle in a store and no more than $5bz in a bar.

From Tourist Village you can walk into town about 15-20 minutes to BRODIES, a full grocery store.

turn left as you exit the gates, about 10 minutes over the Swing Bridge and then another left 5 minutes on tour left.

I am not sure about the prices in Tourist Village. Belikin regular (green cap) and Belikin stout (blue cap) cost $3bz, $1.50us per bottle in a store and no more than $5bz in a bar.

From Tourist Village you can walk into town about 15-20 minutes to BRODIES, a full grocery store.

turn left as you exit the gates, about 10 minutes over the Swing Bridge and then another left 5 minutes on tour left.

Good info. Thanks. I don't think I paid much more than that in the Village.

I like to buy a six-pack of local beer in each port and bring back to enjoy on the ship. I know there is a liquor store in the tourist village, but if I remember correctly, Belikin was sold only by the bottle and it was $1.50 or $2 a bottle. Does anyone know if there is a nearby store outside the tourist village where I might be able to get it cheaper? Or can someone tell me what they recently paid per bottle in the village? I'm not gonna waste my time to save a dollar, but if I can get a six-pack a block away for $3 as opposed to paying $10-$12, I may do it.

P.S. I'm not afraid of pushy vendors. I've been to Jamaica..

I thought they don't allow you to bring liquor back on the ship to use while on the ship.

Mmm, Belikin. I am a fan on Facebook. Haha! This is the only stop on our upcoming cruise that DB and I have done together, and all we could say was "Screw the excursions, bring on the Belikin." I'm not even sure if it was that good or if just tasted great washing down the gibnut.... ;)

Belikin is nice....Cold, Refreshing...however I am looking forward to a BUD, A Miller, and any other beer I can find...for the past year I have only had a choice of:

Belikin lager

Belikin draught

Belikin stout

Light House

Yeah, I'm sure it's really tough living on Ambergris?:rolleyes::p

• 6 months later...
Does anyone know whether the grocery store or the pier store has quantities larger than 6-packs for purchase? Would be much easier to carry a 12 or 24-pack to take home with me.

All beer is sold loose or by the crate(24 in plastic returnable carrier.) Some stores have six pack carriers, like long necks come in.

Can you walk around and drink the Belikin's outside? Wondering if I were to walk to Brodies Grocery store and got a 6pk if we could drink it on the way back to the port.

The law is no you cant.... I cant say how it is enforced in the City. On the Cayes and the resort communities you are fine.

The accepted rule here in san pedro, walking or in a golf cart, as long as you dont spill the beer you are fine.

Archived