Ecstasy 3/3/05 Booking Adventure

costpenn

Hello All,

First post. Yesterday evening, my wife and I spontaneously booked the 4 nite western Carribean on the Ecstasy out of Galveston. The price at 449.00 seemed reasonable enough - looks like it's right before Spring Break makes rates rise. We went through Travelocity on the OV guarantee rate and already got confirmation this morning of our room assignment - E257 on the Empress deck. From what I've been reading here, this looks to be a cabin that faces the stern which some say is quite desirable - is it? Do they have a little balcony? This will be our first on CCL - we've been on RCCL (Majesty Of The Seas twice) and the Disney magic (w/kids) Also, this close to sailing, when should we be receiving docs? Thaks again to all the posters here - you've been a big help

The Ecstasy has very few balconies and yours is not one of them. You are confusing this w/ the newer ships that have nice aft balconies. But it will be a very fun cruise anyway. Enjoy. My DW and I have taken that cruise three times on different ships and loved each time. We love PdC and Cozumel.

While you are disembarking we will be waiting to embark!! We had an OV guarantee on the Empress deck but called back and splurged on a suite which has a balcony. I would have thought you would have done better than($) that for a last minute deal??

Hello All,

Thanks for all the responses. I thought I had gotten a pretty good rate (especially for the cabin I ultimately recieved) but maybe not. Could you give me some idea as to what a good deal price might have been for next time? Also, can anyone help me with my docs question. Look forward to "seein' y'all"

I am booked on this same cruise! We have rooms E251 and E259. E259 is a Wheelchair accesible room. Well I think the price you got was alright. I have been watching this cruise for a few weeks hoping it would drop in price but it has really stayed consistant so we just booked it Friday. Wild to know we will be cabin neighbors.

Hello All,

First post. Yesterday evening, my wife and I spontaneously booked the 4 nite western Carribean on the Ecstasy out of Galveston. The price at 449.00 seemed reasonable enough - looks like it's right before Spring Break makes rates rise. We went through Travelocity on the OV guarantee rate and already got confirmation this morning of our room assignment - E257 on the Empress deck. From what I've been reading here, this looks to be a cabin that faces the stern which some say is quite desirable - is it? Do they have a little balcony? This will be our first on CCL - we've been on RCCL (Majesty Of The Seas twice) and the Disney magic (w/kids) Also, this close to sailing, when should we be receiving docs? Thaks again to all the posters here - you've been a big help

Hello Costpenn:

We've booked the OV guarantee for the Ecstasy for Feb. 21/05 through ***** and have still not received our room assignments. Hopefully, the Upgrade Fairy will visit us too! Sounds like you've swung a great deal!

Archived