Crowne Plaza Quarto d'Altino

Kiwi935

Getting conflicting responses. We booked the Crowne Plaza Quarto d'Altino through NCL, along with transfers from hotel to ship and ship to airport. Are we eligible for hotel's free shuttle from airport to hotel? If not, what is approximate cost of taxi?

Thank you

Not to be harsh, but there are so many incredible boutique hotels in Venice, I can't imagine staying in a large American chain (the Marriott at the airport the night before a very early AM flight being the one exception). Have you checked in to the cost of doing this on your own? Not sure about NCL, but there is normally a large cost differential between using the cruise line package and doing it on your own--this is a profit center for the cruise lines. For instance, in Barcelona we were forced to pay about $500 for one night with transfers in a room that was scarcely bigger than a closet, with a view of the air conditioners. The next time we went, we paid $295 for one of the best hotel rooms I have ever stayed in anywhere, in a much better location as well.

The probable reason that NCL uses a hotel so far away is that they get a great discount for such a large booking, and charge the passengers a premium. Can't swear this is true but I bet it is! They snag you by quoting the rate per person, rather than per room as the hotels do.

I know some people like the cruise packages because they are trouble free (supposedly) but you definitely can do better on your own.

I'm just sayin. . .

Archived