Quick Elation Review 7/10 - 7/17

Cruise, J.D.

This was our 15th cruise, 1st on Elation, but we have cruised the Fantasy 3 times. I was very well pleased with the overall condition of the Elation. I walked all of the decks, visted the Steam/Sauna/Fitness areas and all were in great shape. Very little rust and everything looked freshly painted.

We showed up at the terminal at 1030, showed my VIP funpass and was told to go ahead an enter the terminal. We Unloaded our luggages, the VIP process was fast and we were having lunch by 1130. All our luggage showed up by 2:30 except for one bag..... At 4PM the last bag showed up with a note inside. Seems it had a lot of plastic bottles, and other items that could not be identified. Vitamins, hair spray, sun tan lotion, and other girly stuff. Anyway received a note that said "they looked and everything was OK. Glad they did not look in the other luggage with rum runners.

We did not see any oil, the water from Mobile to Jamaica was smooth and the weather was clear. Our tour in Jamacia was to the Appleton Rum Estate. It was a long ride but were had a great tour guide who described the island as we went up and down the narrow winding roads. At the Applenton Estate we went through the distillery, we had a nice lunch and then sampled some rum, sampled some rum, sampled some rum until all the bottles were empty. The ride back to the dock was 2 hours but who was counting, lots of happy people. When we achored at the Cayman Islands we went to purser desk and ask if we could get VIP tender. Yes, they escored us down the stairs and to the front of the tender line. Grand Cayman is pretty, we shopped and then had lunch at Guy Harvey's. I would recommend Guy Harvey's. It is not a fast food type place, has good service and good seafood. In Cozemel we had a snorkling tour planed, but there were heavy rains when we docked so we decided to cancel our tour and to just walk around and buy some lq to take home. After we got back on the ship I went to the Steam Room, again. On the last day me and dw had a massage and relaxed. Over all this was very nice cruise. The Elation is a good ship for Mobile. I like the 7 day itenarary better than the 4 or 5 day.

leedm

Thanks for the review!

Thank you so much for the great review/information! :)

We pulled out our luggage and started packing some of the misc. this evening. One of the things I'd love to know is: What toiletry items are provided in the stateroom bathrooms and in the gym bathrooms? Most importantly, soap? Thanks in advance!

(PS - I have read that blow dryers are not included in Elation staterooms, so we are packing ours. I'm assuming this info was correct?)

Archived