7/10 Epic Cruise

crimmper

His name is Simon. Not sure about the TV program you are talking about, but he was the cruise director on the Pearl. He is now the Entertainment director on the Epic. Gentleman by the name of Silas is the Cruise Director

His name is Simon Murray, and yes....he was on the Pearl when CNBC's Peter Greenberg filmed.

My moment of fleeting brush with fame was running into Andy Stuart almost literally, the first day of the cruise....he was coming up to 16, and I was standing there wondering why my keycard wasn't working on the concierge lounge :rolleyes:.....he was nice enough to let me in....and that's my encounter with fame (or is that infamy?)

Thanks for the pics! Did you go on the ship excursion for St Thomas or book your own? I don't want to snorkel but my husband will want to! How long was the trip to do this as we also want to go up to Paradise Point?

Thanks! :)

Thanks for the pics! Did you go on the ship excursion for St Thomas or book your own? I don't want to snorkel but my husband will want to! How long was the trip to do this as we also want to go up to Paradise Point?

Thanks! :)

We booked through NCL. The excursion lasted 4 1/2 hours. Keep in mind it was about a 15 or 20 minute ride to and from the marina. It's not a full 4 1/2 hrs on the Catamaran. We were on our way to the marina at 9am and back to ship around 1:30pm. It's all aboard by 3:30, ship leaves at 4pm

Ok, we are flying on AA to Miami too. Why "never again"?:eek: I'm getting nervous already...

Well La Guardia has only 2 runways. We were #15 for takeoff(10 am flight). Unlike jetBlue, no snacks for free, just beverages. Emergency Exit seats were very very uncomfortable (legroom was great)

We pulled into gate 50. It seemed like we walked forever before we got the the baggage carousel. Also, IMO, American's terminal in Miami is not the cleanest, but it has to be the coldest.(had to buy the DW a sweatshirt)

But hey, different strokes for different folks. Maybe your experience will be prove to be better. It was not my intention to make anyone nervous. Just remember, good or bad flight, you will be cruising on the EPIC.:D

Enjoy your cruise

• 2 months later...

Great pics. I really liked the perspective of them. You could tell where things were in relation to another.

We are traveling in the room directly above yours in December and are looking forward to it.

Thanks again for sharing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Crimmper,

I'm curious about the view from the balcony. Are you able to see the water by looking directly down from the balcony or do the lifeboats block the view?

YUP...but look beyond the lifeboats and you will see the water.

2010EpicCruise051-1.jpg

Thanks for the pics. Looks like you have a point about the bump outs in the center...maybe 11069-11075? We are booked in 11245 and like to be away from the "foot traffic", but it looks like we will have a great view either way.

If I'm looking at the deck plans correctly, the bed is next to the balcony, right? Did you enjoy this particular cabin?Any noise issues?

Thanks for the pics. Looks like you have a point about the bump outs in the center...maybe 11069-11075? We are booked in 11245 and like to be away from the "foot traffic", but it looks like we will have a great view either way.

If I'm looking at the deck plans correctly, the bed is next to the balcony, right? Did you enjoy this particular cabin?Any noise issues?

DW & I were in that room 7/10. Here's what it looks like.

I don't know about enjoy, it did serve the purpose. Only noise issue was from the toilet flushing. Other than that, I found it quiet. Balcony is big.

2010EpicCruise054.jpg

Only noise issue was from the toilet flushing. Other than that, I found it quiet. Balcony is big.

The size of the balcony is precisely why we booked it. We were also hoping it was in a quiet area so we could enjoy it. Thanks for the info.

Archived