Sognefjord in a Nutshell

My wife and I will be staying in Norway for about 5 days before taking the Star Princess on her Aug. 10th Baltic/Scandinavia cruise. We will be staying in Oslo for a couple of days and then Bergen for a couple of days. We are debating taking the standard train from Oslo to Bergen, and then doing the Sognefjord in a Nutshell or Norway in a Nutshell from there (Bergen to Bergen) or doing the Norway in a Nutshell as part of our transit from Oslo to Bergen. We want the Fjords to be a big part of our experience and realize that in the NIN it is 2 hours of a slower ferry versus the SIN's 5 hours in an express boat. There are tons of feedback on the NIN, but we would be curious to hear what some have thought of the boat part of the SIN? To fast to enjoy the experience? To long in a boat in the fjords? Just perfect? Any feedback would be appreciated as we want to make a decision real soon.

I am a norwegian living in Oslo. I did the NIN tour Oslo-Bergen-Oslo 2 months ago (I have done the trip by car/ferry on my own two times earlier.

I have problems understanding why you don't do the NIN trip and make the sightseeing part of the trip getting to from Oslo/Bergen?

I do not know this Bergen-Flåm boattrip, but will it cover everything that is included in NIN?

I am quite sure you will miss the bustrip from Gudvangen to Voss which was actually quite amazing. We drove down a very curved road with amazing view and waterfalls. You don't want to miss that.

Archived