Dinner Seating and Kids

smg669

A 2-3 year old is a different animal. They're old enough to be mobile and vocalize and wander, but they're not old enough to control themselves at all times.S

True, but parenting approach, personality and the assistance you get (from the service) all come into play here.

The waitstaff we had on Celebrity were a CRITICAL element in keeping our daughter happy and civil at dinner - flattering her with attention, cutting her food, bringing her little "surprises," etc. She enjoyed (and was "captive" to) the fuss, and that had a LOT to do with her not getting restless during dinner. I've subsequently had good dining room service on Carnival and Disney, but nothing ever approaching what our waiter and busboy did on the Zenith back in 1997.

And they were well rewarded for their effort (DW would have killed me if they weren't).

absolutely take early seating. You're children will love having dinner with you and after dinner you can drop them at camp to have some alone time to go to a show, have a few drinks,see a comedian, whatever. Also, I have seen parents make the mistake of bringing their children to late seating, 8pm is too late for children to eat dinner, they are exhausted . If you take late seating you will probably have to feed them first at the buffet and then go to dinner yourselves in the dining room so you'll end up spending the whole evening eating, instead of having fun. Hope this helps

Have fun

Archived