Livorno

SK2B

Hi Everyone, I am due to sail with the Grand Princess on 21st August and am hoping to get the train from Livorno to Castiglioncello beaches. Has anyone done this before? How easy to use are the trains, what are the beaches like?

Many thanks

Stacey

While you're waiting for responses from those who have actually been there (I have not), I can give you some resources and information.

The city web site has some toursim information in English, including a list of beaches here: http://www.comune.rosignano.livorno.it/site3/pages/mainnew.php?tipop=vis_pagina&visualizza=left&id=2314&idpadre=10808

The train is an easy 15 - 20 minutes from Livorno Centrale. In fact, it will take you as long or longer to get to the train station in Livorno as the train ride itself.

I'm wondering if there might not be a bus that travels down the coast ... that may get you closer to the beach than the train and be easier to get in Livorno.

Edited to add

The same web site has information on pubic transit here: http://www.comune.rosignano.livorno.it/site3/pages/mainnew.php?tipop=vis_pagina&visualizza=left&id=2312&idpadre=10801

Archived